Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Thanks for accepting me.

mvollmer

I live in the midwest and am 61 years old.  I was pretty involved in the hobby for many years and have moved away from it for the last 3-4 years due to demands put on me by my job, family and other outside forces.  I am wanting to get back in now, as my circumstances have stabilized.  I have a roll off roof observatory with a Losmandy Gemini G11 pier mounted, and currently have a Takahashi FS-102 refractor and an Astro Physics guide scope on a Robin Casady dual mount.  I have done a lot of film imaging in the past and am wanting to try to become proficient with DSLR imaging now.  I have a SBIG ST-4 autoguider which I have run in stand alone mode and also with their CCDTrack which is a painful process.  I have downloaded PHD2 and need help configuring the software to successfully guide the ST-4.  I have downloaded the latest ASCOM drivers as well and am hoping there is one there that will be compatible with the ST-4.  

I would appreciate any help any members of this forum can give.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to SGL from another imager ...... If you are going to use ST4 for guiding then you need to select 'on camera' in the mount selection of PHD2 - Give it a run regarding connection during the day, you don't want to waste imaging time at night!

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Archived