NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What's going on your Christmas astro-list?

FenlandPaul

Have fun with your new toy Charl.

Mrs T' still "reminds" me of the Christmas eve I spent imaging with my new toys instead of watching rubbish on TV, such a long memory she's got, was hoping it would fade with advancing old age  :grin:

Dave

I imaged the Sun on Christmas Day! That was slightly frowned upon and apparently will not be happening this year :shocked:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have a wish list that is fairly long and hefty if I thought about it but this year I don't think I will ask for anything astro related.

The only thing I would like is a plate to get my new focuser on the 150PL but they don't seem to be available so I wont bother.

It's probably the first time in 5 years I haven't asked for anything astro related.

I made my Christmas list last month. It turns out that willpower or patience are not virtues which I posses.....

Lunt Solar Wedge - bought

Baader Hyperion Zoom & Barlow. - bought

Dew Controller. - bought

Secondary Dew Heater. - bought

Lumicon 2" UHC Filter. - hens' teeth!

AstroZap Shroud

Telrad Heater

Hope that I can last 'till Christmas. Although, I have effectively removed any constraints on my behaviour for the run up to the big day.

Paul

I seem to have already bought myself my astro bits for xmas - a bunch of TS adapters from M60 to M48 and T2 to M48 since I couldn't wait and I'm not prepared to waste any dark nights right now...

Oh and a D5000 Nikon body off ebay. I hope the missus likes her birthday flowers.

M

Santa came early - he bought me a 2nd hand pair of Helios 22x85 bins on UKABS last Friday.

Officially I can't used them until the big day but I "snook a look" when her indoors retired for the evening, she won't know unless I'm dobbed in by someone.

A tripod or Orion Paragon would come in handy but I'll have to wait until my B'day for that in March - hopefully I'll get one in time for SGLXI

Get a 2" then buy a 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter that allows 2" filters to thread into it. Sorted!

John

Excellent plan. There is the added bonus of being able to change eyepieces without unscrewing and rescrewing the filter the whole time.

Why don't I do that???

Paul

I don't have anything exclusively astronomical on the list this year. I will be getting a couple of nice camera lenses that will serve dual purpose. (actually already got them for <ahem> testing :o )

I'll probably be getting a meteorite to give to my brother-in-law, who's a keen geologist with a background interest in astronomy :)

Get a 2" then buy a 2" - 1.25" eyepiece adapter that allows 2" filters to thread into it. Sorted!

John

You know, that's so sensible I can't understand why I didn't think of it - or indeed why my adaptor isn't so equipped.

Good man!

SR

Archived