NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the land of Oz.

Taloniv

Well hello everyone. I'm a longtime observer thanks to an interest my dad had when I was a kid. I remember seeing Hale Bopp growing up going to Lake Afton observatory as a kid. Seeing tons of meteor showers and lots of double stars. Now I'm raising a miniastronomer as well since my oldest daughter is super into stargazing as well.

That's the good, now it's time for the bad lol. I currently own two scopes both of which are pretty disliked by the community a Astromaster 114EQ and a Bushnell Voyager 8 inch Dobsonian. Luckily I didn't pay retail and my two are in pretty solid shape. I do need some help as the Dob needs a bit of tweaking to be in collumation. Any tips?

Here's a pic of my current stable;

http://i.imgur.com/0egzPxP.jpg

Hi and welcome to SGL - I'm sure that someone will be along soon with some advise - I know nothing about anything visual I'm afraid. You could post a specific question in the right part of the forum .... that would probably get more direct and specific traffic.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Hello and a warm welcome to the SGL. Collimating is a bit daunting AR first, but becomes easier as you learn. Do you have any specific problem. The is a very good guide on here posted by astro babe, but I cannot find the link at the moment.

Hi Taloniv and welcome to SGL, the technical side of things with telescopes is better dealt with in the Equipment help and guide sections, rather than here in the Welcome section, if you repost your inquiry, I am sure you will find an answer to your problem, enjoy the forum :)

Hello from Western New York State.  You have come to the right place for getting your questions answered.  I started the hobby last year with a similar background as you.  My grandfather got me interested many years ago.  I have enjoyed learning about Astro-stuff and SGL has been a great resource for me.  I am sure that someone here can help you with your equipment questions.  Welcome.

Archived