Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

• Announcements

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_rgb.jpg.9467c4d39b22ba8239e1b5ad252fcee2.jpg

Soupy

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

mapstar    5,729

Just copy and paste this into Google or go on the WADAS website for the map.

Red apple workers cooperative

It should take you to just below the turning for the main car park

Damian

astrotyke    1,327

This would be useful as I've never been there before.

Matt.

I'm sure the map was on our website.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

This is the only map I could find on the website.

But it doesn't really show anything as it is not the satellite view, as in you cant see carparks, roads etc.

Plus I have also heard different car parks mentioned depending on the night/weather etc.

Matt

post-21702-0-30385900-1449575711.jpg

2STAR    771

Matt , are you going via Penistone, if so, bear onto B6106, stay on here up and straight through a wide crossroads  and when you start going downhill look for some chevrons on your left (sign saying trans pennine trail) this is Brookhill lane, its a sharpe left, turn left up there, (if using sat nav it may tell you to turn left or right just after going through Carlecotes) ignore this ( tip that Vicky gave me), drive straight on and look for right turn to Holmfirth, turn right there and look for reservoir entrance on your left after a couple of hundred yards or there about.

Eric

ps: I have only been twice myself and then in daylight, never in the dark, so we may bump into each other asking for directions when we get lost lol !!!, the only tricky bit is turning left up brookhill lane the chevrons are a good pointer, just keep going till you see Holmfirth sign on right.

Post code is S364TG

• Like 1

astrotyke    1,327

Matt , are you going via Penistone, if so, bear onto B6106, stay on here up and straight through a wide crossroads and when you start going downhill look for some chevrons on your left (sign saying trans pennine trail) this is Brookhill lane, its a sharpe left, turn left up there, (if using sat nav it may tell you to turn left or right just after going through Carlecotes) ignore this ( tip that Vicky gave me), drive straight on and look for right turn to Holmfirth, turn right there and look for reservoir entrance on your left after a couple of hundred yards or there about.

Eric

ps: I have only been twice myself and then in daylight, never in the dark, so we may bump into each other asking for directions when we get lost lol !!!, the only tricky bit is turning left up brookhill lane the chevrons are a good pointer, just keep going till you see Holmfirth sign on right.

Post code is S364TG

Spot on with those Eric. Once thing to mention is there is no mobile phone signal there. I think the signal goes just after carlecotes, as I found out the first time I went there. Least it dies with ee. So after that there's nothing.

• Like 1

gtis    676

Hi

Are we still going

Neil

Ryan P    313

What does everyone think about the weather. It looks quite unpredictable and windy. Although if we get some clear patches it may be worth it.

Edited by Ryan P

astrotyke    1,327

What does everyone think about the weather. It looks quite unpredictable and windy. Although if we get some clear patches it may be worth it.

It should be clearing from about 8pm

2STAR    771

It should be clearing from about 8pm

Could be worth the trip, 

2STAR    771

I'll make one

Neil

I will be there if anyone else is going, I have to go out now (6-30) take one of my grandchildren to soccer training, I don't have internet on my phone so will check back here at around 8-30 please leave a note if you are going, I will set off, I have all my gear packed and ready to load into car.

Eric

gtis    676

I will leave a note when I set off around 8-00

Neil

Ryan P    313

I will set off around 8pm. Will definitely be there [emoji106]

gtis    676

Ok Ryan see you there

Neil

• Like 1

mapstar    5,729

I'll pop up if the weather looks any good but I won't be there until 9pm+

Damian

• Like 1

Astronomer69    389

Think I'm gonna do some from the back garden and test out the new setup if all goes well I might make a few trips out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

astrotyke    1,327

I'm 50/50 for tonight

rockystar    1,284

Still raining here :(

Hopefully it will clear up and I can get outside. Next time, I'm definitely coming with you

• Like 2

astrotyke    1,327

Still raining here :(

Hopefully it will clear up and I can get outside. Next time, I'm definitely coming with you

Where are you. Crystal clear sky here at barnsley