Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wakefield and District Astronomical Society (WADAS) Events page

Soupy

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt , are you going via Penistone, if so, bear onto B6106, stay on here up and straight through a wide crossroads  and when you start going downhill look for some chevrons on your left (sign saying trans pennine trail) this is Brookhill lane, its a sharpe left, turn left up there, (if using sat nav it may tell you to turn left or right just after going through Carlecotes) ignore this ( tip that Vicky gave me), drive straight on and look for right turn to Holmfirth, turn right there and look for reservoir entrance on your left after a couple of hundred yards or there about.

Eric

ps: I have only been twice myself and then in daylight, never in the dark, so we may bump into each other asking for directions when we get lost lol !!!, the only tricky bit is turning left up brookhill lane the chevrons are a good pointer, just keep going till you see Holmfirth sign on right.

Post code is S364TG

Matt , are you going via Penistone, if so, bear onto B6106, stay on here up and straight through a wide crossroads and when you start going downhill look for some chevrons on your left (sign saying trans pennine trail) this is Brookhill lane, its a sharpe left, turn left up there, (if using sat nav it may tell you to turn left or right just after going through Carlecotes) ignore this ( tip that Vicky gave me), drive straight on and look for right turn to Holmfirth, turn right there and look for reservoir entrance on your left after a couple of hundred yards or there about.

Eric

ps: I have only been twice myself and then in daylight, never in the dark, so we may bump into each other asking for directions when we get lost lol !!!, the only tricky bit is turning left up brookhill lane the chevrons are a good pointer, just keep going till you see Holmfirth sign on right.

Post code is S364TG

Spot on with those Eric. Once thing to mention is there is no mobile phone signal there. I think the signal goes just after carlecotes, as I found out the first time I went there. Least it dies with ee. So after that there's nothing.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I'll make one

Neil

I will be there if anyone else is going, I have to go out now (6-30) take one of my grandchildren to soccer training, I don't have internet on my phone so will check back here at around 8-30 please leave a note if you are going, I will set off, I have all my gear packed and ready to load into car.

Eric

Archived