SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 Too wide field

cfpendock

This is the first image for many months - M27 taken over two nights and comprising 16 x 5 minutes each of LRGB, all unguided.  The field of view is too wide for my tastes - I don’t find the star field is particularly interesting, hence the slightly over-saturated star colour.  

Better resolution and more details here: http://www.astrobin.com/full/208927/0/  

Criticisms welcome.

Chris

post-23286-0-36790600-1441650645_thumb.j

I like both close-up and widefield images of the same object. However, there is something rather wonderful about seeing an object such as this in the context of its surroundings - space is a big place and many of these objects are small so I see no problem with demonstrating their relative  'smallness'.

Thanks very much Peter, not so sure about the "high standard"......still lots to learn from you lot...

And thanks also whizzbang and Sarge.

Chris

You have managed , nice star shape and colour plenty of detail in the neb even at this scale and the data has been  processed sympathetically......

I have only ever been really a journeyman  DSLR imager - and really I  am now a lapsed one even for that discipline so just thinking about getting back in the saddle again...

Peter...

Archived