Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd light for new ED120 scope 15.06.2015

theo

Having toyed with the idea of getting a new refractor for some time I finally took the plunge and went with the Equinox 120 ED Pro. I am planning to use this scope for Solar mainly but I also want to try it out with some deep sky imaging at some point as the FOV fits nicely between my WO80mm apo and the 12" LX200acf.

This is second light and these images were all taken during the late afternoon, early evening when conditions looked better than earlier on during the day. I really am enjoying my venture into solar imaging having concentrated on planetary and deep sky for so long!! 

Thanks for looking.

Pete

post-22012-0-80687900-1434913307_thumb.p

post-22012-0-72219800-1434913371_thumb.p

post-22012-0-79141300-1434913428_thumb.p

Stunning Pete, a nice combination. 

What do you think of the ASI174, I am thinking about buying one for solar and possibly the planets?

Robin

Hi Robin,

Many thanks!!

I really like the ASI174, I have been using it for planetary also and would say its got the edge over the other ASI cameras that I own for this.  The thing I really like though is the sensor size and how well this lends itself for Solar and Lunar work. One thing to bear in mind though, you need a quick laptop and ideally a SSD to make the most of the available frame rate that is on offer here. Also a lot of drive space as at the full resolution the files sizes are huge!!

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I might give an ASI174 a try, I am guessing mostly for solar as I often use ROI on my ASI120MM-S for the planets. I can see why it would be good for the moon. I have a dual core Win7 laptop with fast SSD so should be okay. I am mostly interested in one for a Quark, just because the FoV is quite small, so interested to see that your Quark has a wide enough field for a ASI174.

Robin

Archived