Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi from London

sammak127

Sam here. extremely amateur astronomer from London. Doing my best to learn the art of anticipating clear patches in what is probably the worst place to do astronomy, and it is still amazing fun. Skywatcher 127 mak was arrived as a gift last xmas and even with the little supatrak mount we are seeing some amazing things. can't wait for saturn!

Attaching a picture of a solitary Lyrid taken last night with a canon 500d and a fisheye.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam here. extremely amateur astronomer from London. Doing my best to learn the art of anticipating clear patches in what is probably the worst place to do astronomy, and it is still amazing fun. Skywatcher 127 mak arrived as a gift last xmas and even with the little supatrak mount we are seeing some amazing things. can't wait for saturn!

Attaching a picture of a solitary Lyrid taken last night with a canon 500d and a fisheye. post-44153-0-05629400-1429872586_thumb.j

Hi Sam and welcome :)

Despite all the obstacles it's still possible to see some great stuff here in London, as your great photo proves...the difficulties, LP, poor seeing and all, just make us hardier stargazers. Who'd want it on a plate? LOL.

I do so like a fisheye so thanks for the pic - doubles my incentive to try mine on the Leyton sky. 

Steve, peering through a 6" glass not so darkly... :)

Archived