Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Triplet, tail and fuzzifest.

ollypenrice

After a very quick throwing together of one night's worth on an earlier post here's my best effort after four nights and about 12 hours. L subs were 15 minutes and RGB were 10. The rig was our TEC140 on Avalon Linear with Atik 11000 mono...

In%20obs%201-S.jpg

The first two nights were with guest Kris Delcourte.

LEO%20TRIPLET%20TEC140%202015%20web-XL.j

Although the TEC has a focal length of only 980mm and the Atik 11000 has large 9 micron pixels (giving 1.89 arcsecs per pixel) I'm pleased with the galaxy core resolution. See a bigger version; http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/i-NNsK787/0/O/LEO%20TRIPLET%20TEC140%202015%20web.jpg

However, Per and I are planning to collaborate and see what the smaller pixels of his robotic QSI/TEC140 will bring to the table. This was ticking away behind us as we catured the present version.

I would LOVE to shoot M66 at 3 metres FL. I think it's the prettiest galaxy of them all.

Cheers,

Olly

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a cracker, Olly, as usual. Ooh, those stars... Tighter than a duck's @rse - I think that's the expression anyway!

My only criticism would be that you have presented the image upside down. If you rotate it through 180°, it so much more resembles a smiley!!

That's a cracker, Olly, as usual. Ooh, those stars... Tighter than a duck's @rse - I think that's the expression anyway!

My only criticism would be that you have presented the image upside down. If you rotate it through 180°, it so much more resembles a smiley!!

A drooling smiley!

Glad you like the stars. After a partial stretch of the global luminance I made a copy layer, pinned the background where it was and continued to stretch the bottom layer above the pins. I then erased the top layer just where it covered all the fuzzies. No rocket science, no masks, dead simple. (Like me!)

Olly

Archived