Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Norway

Altais

Hello everyone! :) I've been lurking around this forum for quite a while, feeding on the wealth of information available here. But I figured I'd better join and take part in the forum.

My name is Lars, and I come from Hamar, Norway. I bought my first telescope in 2011, a Celestron Astromaster 130 mm reflector with motor drive, on a wobbly mount. Later I got a Canon EOS 1100D, which I use for astrophotography. This was right after I became interested in astronomy, and that interest led me to study astronomy in Oslo, which I have done for two years now.

At the end of last year I decided it was time to upgrade from my Astromaster, so I aquired a Sky-Watcher Explorer 150PDS newtonian and an EQ5 with motor drives. This made a huge difference (especially the mount), and after that I started getting decent results from my astrophotography. I have access to a location in the mountains where the sky is quite dark, and this is where I do my deep sky imaging.

I have uploaded the images that I am most satisfied with to AstroBin, http://www.astrobin.com/users/lars_frogner/, so please feel free to check them out if you are interested. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum, you've taken some lovely images there, i particularly like the one comet lovejoy with the little dumbbell. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to some more of your good work.

Archived