SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CN Mods needed

Davey-T

Why does Peter want to relocate to a cloudy night?

Olly

I went to the US quite a few time in a previous job - Really enjoyed the Steaks and Chicken....

Funnily enough with the US Trips  I always came back heavier than when I went.. It's the opposite for most of the other places I have visited...

You can take the Welshman out of Wales but not Wales out of the Welshman...

Peter...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been a member at Cloudynights for about the same amount of time that I've been a member here (9.5 years). I've made just under 1K posts on CN and a heck of a lot more here :rolleyes2:

I've found some valuable information on CN that I could not find out about elsewhere so I'm not going to knock it but the discussions can get a bit heated at times in some of their sections.

CN is a great forum for some subjects, but (as many have commented) it can get a bit boisterous at times. Some of the members have strong views and are not timid about expressing them.

As for the concept that moderators on SGL 'volunteer', I think expressions 'sweet talked' or 'hood-winked' are probably a bit more accurate :grin:

I visited a couple of times. They all seem more interested in how big their scopes are compared to others and they dont talk about much else. It didnt help that i messed up on my personal settings and was getting a couple hundred emails a day saying someone had posted something somewhere.

it is a mine of information but seems a little aggressive for my tastes. I don't mind if people disagree with me as long as it remains civil.

You really should have ended that sentence as : "i dont mind if people disagree with me as long as they know i'm right".

it is a mine of information but seems a little aggressive for my tastes. I don't mind if people disagree with me as long as it remains civil.

I don't mind if people disagree with me as long as they do in the end.  :grin:  I mean come on, everyone knows that Schott PP57 B 2% fluorite has to be the best middle element provided it's air spaced at no more than 0.003% of the mean intra focal separation between the primary element and a notional point at 86% of the Dawes limit times 9.7 over the square root of the speed of light in ice cream. I mean COME ON, if you don't know that WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE????

Olly

I don't mind if people disagree with me as long as they do in the end.  :grin:  I mean come on, everyone knows that Schott PP57 B 2% fluorite has to be the best middle element provided it's air spaced at no more than 0.003% of the mean intra focal separation between the primary element and a notional point at 86% of the Dawes limit times 9.7 over the square root of the speed of light in ice cream. I mean COME ON, if you don't know that WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE????

Olly

I'm starting to wonder that myself, but only if you mean mint choc ice cream. 

Olly

you forgot to add the 1/4 er wave coating of cadbury's flake which would give a V D dispersion of 99 :grin:

much better than flourite or fpl53 ,probably not for solar observation though.

I'm already a mod on astronomyforum.com.

Biggest astro forum on the web.

Pity you don't know the website address of the forum you are a moderator on!

Plus, it's not the biggest astronomy forum on the net by a long way, Cloudy Nights is much bigger and so is SGL :)

Fair enough it has more members but when you force people to register in order to read I imagine that helps a lot. I suspect if we did the same and also weren't so strict on not allowing junk accounts to join we would catch up in no time :D

I have to say that in the 20 yrs ive been online in chat rooms and forums that the Mods here on SGL are the best ive come across.

None of them are on a "power trip" and they are all seasoned astronomers, and contribute hugely to the forum and their advice etc is second to none.

I personally salute the Mods here on SGL.

You all do a top job and make SGL a really great place to hang out in. 

None of them are on a "power trip" ...

We like to give that impression. (In reality we're a bunch over megalomaniac sadists who like nothing better than banning anyone who we think might have the remote possibility of looking at one of us in a funny way) :grin:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :grin:

Archived