Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from London

TF Ratio

Hello,

I have been interest in Astronomy since I was knee high to a grass hopper and managed to justify purchasing my first telescope last year (2007), a Celestron Reflector x525 for the fantastic price of £25 from Amazon (it must have been a mistake! But they honoured it.)

I transported it across to the depths of France on Easy Jet for my summer holidays and it survived the trip. I set it all up on the first clear night and was rewarded with some fantastic views of the moon, I managed to located Jupiter and three Jovian moons, however, I never managed to get any real resolution on the planet, It was definitely an Off-white colour but that was about it… Additionally I managed to home in on the Andromeda Galaxy but it was just a brown smudge…. The best £25 pounds I have ever spent, I have been bitten now and will be purchasing a proper scope in the next few weeks, however, my requirements are varied, from planet viewing to deep space astrophotography etc… I have my eye on a few but I think I will be purchasing a good all rounder etc, I see there is a section for Noobs to post their questions so see you in there later.

Cheers for the help in advance.

Archived