NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Probably my best coloured moon so far

geppetto

Hi folks, trust everybody is keeping well..

Been doing quite a bit of imaging of late as my back problems have

put a temporary stop to me sitting at my bench doing my craft work :D

Anyway, it's given me chance to get auto guiding set up and working on my gear ready for some

warmer night imaging.

Here's my latest moonie from the other night, 200mm F5 newt with Nikon D40 prime focus :afro:

colmoon170308.jpg

It gives the notion that the Earth and Moon are a double planet systen, a lot of truth when you do your magic Phil.

That is one suberb piece of work, and I think The Sky & Night magazine would put that in their next issue if you got it to them quick.

Sir. P. will love that I'm sure.

Sorry to hear your back is giving you problems Phil. I hope you recover soon mate.

It will be nice to have you on the forum again, even for the summer will do. :afro:

Best Wishes.

Ron. :D

Thats cracking, I tried to do the same the other night but could not get as much colour as you did without it looking all speckly!

Is this a stack or just a single image?

Sorry to hear 'bout the 'ol back!, hope it better soon.

Cheers folks :wave:

Me back will improve in time, it's been grim for over 20 odd years on and off.

I know how to keep it sweet most of the time. Trouble is, I do daft things sometimes

and now I'm paying for it. :D

The moonie is a single frame picked from about 10 bracketed exposures. The Nikon

D40 adds very little noise to RAW images so it's a good base image to draw out colour.

Naz

Yes, still cracking on with other projects, well into building a nice receiver for picking up

solar bursts and Jupiter noise. Really enjoyed doing this as I've been making radio gear as

a hobby since I was about 11. Met a guy on the internet who is keen to write some

software for the task so you never know, it could have commercial possibilities 8)

Ron

The chair is on hold till I'm better, the frame is made, just needs upholstering :afro:

Thanks again folks, pleased you liked the moonie :D

I don't know whether this is the best one, but it is truly stunning! Sharp and colourful.

and your back pain - about 85% of people will experience back pain at some point in their life. And if you get a chance to get hold of Robin McKenzie's "Treat your own back", I think it's worth trying. Dead simple techniques and suggestions. But I must say, from my practice - it usually works :rolleyes:

Marius

Thanks again guys 8)

Marius

Yes, that's a good book, got it from the library a while back..

My problems are self inflicted, 40 odd years of carrying big TV's and washing machines on my own.

Had 4 major disc prolapses and the last last one pretty much finished my active days...

Should have listened to my GP :nono:

Archived