NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from sunny (?) North Devon

krum

Well it's sunny at the moment, but for how long .........

Hello one and all from a newbie to a hobby that's interested me for more years than I care to mention.

I've spent some of my redundancy on a Skywatcher Skymax 127 MAC  GOTO (and retired to North Devon in the process) and now am hoping for less wind and some clear, cloudless nights. Fingers crossed.

I'm sure I'll be calling on many of you to guide me, and having been an avid follower of this sight for several months prior to taking the step of buying equipment etc, know that I'm in good hands.

Happy New Year, and clear dark skies to one and all.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome from the Cornish side of the border. If you get chance the Norman Lockyer Observatory near Sidmouth is well worth a visit. I went there back in September when they had their annual Astrofair and was really impressed.

Happy retirement.

Hi from another newbie. We are visiting N. Devon in June for two weeks, staying near Ilfracoombe, which has darker skies than we have here in the Midland's, so hoping to take our scope with us, or at least our large binoculars.

You won't go short of help on here and everyone is so friendly.

Wow! That didn't take long .... I just went to Tesco to get the supplies in and returned to find over a dozen replies. Many thanks to one and all for such a warm welcome.

Geoff - when you are in Ilfracombe, if on your travels you should see a Hockings ice-cream van (usually in the Bideford area) treat yourself, anything else on offer is a pale imitation.

Thanks for the tip about the Norman Lockyer Observatory Gazabone, it's now on my list of places to visit.

Hi,

And welcome, Cornwall is one of my most favourite places in the world, spent many weeks there over the past 20 years with the kids in our caraven, on a great site near St Austell.

Hoping to retire down there also in the next 4 years

:) :)

SS

Hi,

And welcome, Cornwall is one of my most favourite places in the world, spent many weeks there over the past 20 years with the kids in our caraven, on a great site near St Austell.

Hoping to retire down there also in the next 4 years

:) :)

SS

Sorry just realised my mistake you in North Devon.....lol

Cornwall still my most favourite place....sorry

Archived