NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just joined!

TWASTRO

Have been an amateur astronomer for over 30 years, having been a member of Liverpool Astronomical Society for around the same time.

I've just bought a WO Megrez 72FD short focus refractor and am very impressed by the build quality - now all I need is a clear night to use it!

I also own a 10" f4.3 Newtonian on a Vixen GP mount and a Celestron Nextstar C8 (which I intend to sell soon to raise funds for a 10" Meade).

Stargazer's Lounge is a brilliant forum for amateur astronomers both new and experienced and I'm sure that I can benefit from being a member!

Hi. Twastro and a warm welcome to SGL. You have some great instruments.

I remember visiting Liverpool Astro Society's Obsservatory at Pek Hill years ago. CCD Cameras had just started being available, and one of Liverpool guys was showing some images taken with it, and busy processing the data. Absolutely mind boggling at that time. I am only sorry the visit wasn't for a lot longer.

I hope you enjoy the forum, some great people on here too.

Ron. :afro:

:afro:

Thanks to all those who have taken the time to welcome me to the Lounge. I expect that I will be coming here quite often and in time may be able to contribute something which will help others (when I get the hang of posting that is!)[./i]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived