Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Opticstar, anyone know what's going on?

Dave_D

Just read this on their website.

"Due to our new role as the UK distributor for Meade Instruments we regret to announce that our retail showroom will no longer be open to the public from 1st November 2014 onwards."

so does that mean there'll be no more just 'popping in as i was passing'? 

Correct. Apparently they make so little sales through footfall it's not profitable to keep the shop open. Not sure where they will operate from in the future but think I have heard or suspect that they may accept people on an appointment/ individual basis. Only met them a couple of times but they are a very friendly and helpful bunch ;-)

Ian

Just read this on their website.

"Due to our new role as the UK distributor for Meade Instruments we regret to announce that our retail showroom will no longer be open to the public from 1st November 2014 onwards."

so does that mean there'll be no more just 'popping in as i was passing'? 

They need every inch of the space in the show room for storage at the moment, whether they move to a larger place in the future is not clear. I too miss the opportunity to drop in just for a friendly chat and a nice cup of coffee.

A.G

Shame really as a couple of times I bought from them I was able to go into the shop, look and compare items before deciding. But if the bulk of their sales are on line then that's were they need to concentrate their business.

Bob 

They were lovely guys at Opticstar.  Always ready to advise and guide even when you didn't buy anything from them.  I really hope they can keep their business going although I confess I pretty much always use FLO now because of their great customer service.  Maybe Opticstar are as good but when you get to do business with good guys who look after you then you stick with them.

Archived