NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

looking good........not!

jason.p

New Radian 6mm (thanks jabeoo1!) and I missed first light for it last night (drinking, records, what can I say?) so I checked Clear Outside earlier to see the very same.....

Heaven knows, I'm miserable now....

Ah well, time to catch up on books & all those Dr Who's....sigh.

Next couple weeks are not looking great, with a few low pressure systems rolling in off the Atlantic. My Clear Outside forecast is predicting 1 hour of clear sky in the next seven days, and that's a lunchtime. At least I still have some lunar images to stack and process.

I don't know what came down last night, but it was enough to damage my roof and collapse the ceiling of my kitchen. Temporary repair is in place, the clean-up will continue when I get home....

I don't know what came down last night, but it was enough to damage my roof and collapse the ceiling of my kitchen. Temporary repair is in place, the clean-up will continue when I get home....

Blimey, that's not good :(  Hope it's nothing too serious, though it sounds like it's a bit late for that.

We've had non-stop strong winds and torrential rain since twilight yesterday evening.  Fortunately there's no damage that I'm aware of.

James

Thanks, it's a right mess with dissolved plasterboard everywhere. I was standing underneath it a few minutes before it came down to position a couple of towels and buckets, could have been nasty. The management company have booked a cherry-picker to repair the roof (top floor flat), hope the temporary repair on the inside is holding as an awful lot of rain has come down this afternoon. Bit of a pain but I can just about use the kitchen. I should be able to claim off the management company's insurance as the roof is a shared structure.

Oh dear. All was looking fine when I went out, still raining but nothing was coming in. Since then we've had as heavy a downpour as I've ever seen - the roads are swimming - and water is streaming through the roof again. Ether the bodge wasn't done properly or the volume of water was too much for it. It's like the sink of damocles washing up here. On the plus side the out-of-hours emergency call service has more exciting on-hold music, kind of has an urgent feel to it....

Oh dear. All was looking fine when I went out, still raining but nothing was coming in. Since then we've had as heavy a downpour as I've ever seen - the roads are swimming - and water is streaming through the roof again. Ether the bodge wasn't done properly or the volume of water was too much for it. It's like the sink of damocles washing up here. On the plus side the out-of-hours emergency call service has more exciting on-hold music, kind of has an urgent feel to it....

"On the plus side the out-of-hours emergency call service has more exciting on-hold music, kind of has an urgent feel to it...."  love fantastically upbeat, only many disapointing nights of astronmy would allow that

LOL - I'm a bit disappointed that the Met office has gone all flash on us - I've been relying on the old fashioned weather map and it's been discontinued. Fiddly or what?!

Internet connection too slow here to even load the map!

LOL - I'm a bit disappointed that the Met office has gone all flash on us - I've been relying on the old fashioned weather map and it's been discontinued. Fiddly or what?!

Internet connection too slow here to even load the map!

I use this one: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/gcjdksh5s#?fcTime=1413154800

It's bearable even on my megabit and change download speed.

James

I always double check with other sites when viewing data from that site. It is woefully inaccurate for my location, telling me it is clear when there are clouds or clouds when it is clear. So it may not all be bad news.However, the most accurate site for my location, the BBC does confirm rain this week. Hopefully we'll have a nice clear winter ahead though.

Here's hoping that really nasty looking depression mid Atlantic decides it doesn't like our sites and takes it fronts off elsewhere. The jet steam doesn't seem to be on our side though and looks like it is steering the system right at us.

Keeping everything crossed, Nick, but have got the home cinema system ready to take in case!

Archived