Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Devon

samt

Hi Guys, just registered and new to Astronomy. I've bought my first telescope and hoping to get out and survey the skies over the coming months!

I've a second hand Astromaster 130EQ so hoping that will be good enough for me as a beginner.

I'm busy reading through the previous posts to get up to speed!

Anyway, Hi all!

Cheers 

Sam

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 130 is a nice start, if you can get out North of Plymouth up towards Yelverton then the skies get fairly dark.

Have look on fedastro.org for clubs around you, there has to be one. I think there one at Callington and assume one at Plymouth owing to it's size.

See there is a Plymouth club, meet at the University. Talks etc at Universities tend to be good especially if they have an astronomy department - they bend someone's arm into giving one. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Also they have what looks like 3 possible observing sites, greedy bunch! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Archived