Hi from Essex

Skywatcher 200

Hi all, My name is Andy, based in Clacton, although i've had an interest in astronomy from my youth (Started with the Apollo Missions), its only recently that i have found myself in a position that now allows me to explore that passion.

Having equiped myself with a Skywatcher 200 pds on a HEQ5 Pro mount, various bits of kit that allow me to attach my Nikon D3200 camera, i can only hope for clear skys and some good views.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum Andy from another Newbie from North Kent. I got my first scope last week a Skywatcher Explorer 200p on EQ5. Hopefully will get my first viewing tomorrw night.

Steve.

hi guys, hope you get some clear skys Steve, unfortunatly, i'm just about to start 2 weeks of night shifts, so that kills off any night time viewing for me, however having just aquired a Solar filter, i can  view the sun (first look and pics taken yesterday) :laugh: . As for the weather here laudropb, its cloudy, no rain yet, but looking at the gathering clouds, i think thats about to change, lol

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the club, I am from Colchester, so I should be looking at the same stars your looking at.

I am sure I have  seen that somewhere before.

Never mind,  OK!!!  Mijijim

Archived