Hello from Canberra

Lacaille

I've enjoyed browsing the images on this site and thought I should actually participate! Just getting back into the hobby after many years and enjoying the new tools available to the amateur from laptops, webcams etc that weren't around in the 60s.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to SGL - Looks like we'll have another imager on board then? :grin: As a relative newbie to imaging, I can imagine that things were very much more difficult many years ago.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

g'day mate and welcome from an aussie in england. you're surrounded by dark skies down there. spent some time out nr Temora last time I was home...great skies :D

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  Yes, the skies are good over Canberra, but I am hoping this year to make a road trip with the telescope (Celestron 8SE) to the edge of the desert  -  Coonabarabran/ Siding Springs where the professionals have some big optical telescopes -  on the assumption that the seeing will be even better.

Archived