Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Nottingham

MacT

HI Pam from Nottingham here.

A complete novice so I have been lurking, but now I have my  lovely new 10x70 bins and having picked up loads of info here and on the EMS forum also seeing how friendly you all are I thought it time to introduce myself.  

Coming into the hobby late in life as now I have time for myself. I have gone down the bins route first to learn the sky and to avoid uninformed purchases before I know what I doing. Glad to be here great forum.

Regards Pam

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"I have gone down the bins route first to learn the sky and to avoid uninformed purchases"

Obviously, you're a smarter person than I am. I used the "Shotgun" method. I bought everything I could afford and then hoped I like it. :)

A warm welcome to a wonderful forum.

Hi, Pam, and a warm welome to SGL! If you haven't done already, I can recommend downloading the free planetarium 'Stellarium' which many on here use to help find objects in the night sky and plan for viewing sessions. It is also customisable for individual scopes/bins - and will give you an idea of what you shoudl see through your eyepieces. Downloadable here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope that helps, and welcoem to thsio fascinating (and sometines frustratins!) hobby!

Martin

Hi Pam welcome to the lounge,

and welcome to this wonderful hobby, like you I started with bins,

without a doubt the best way to learn the night sky, plus there's no

set up, you can go out anywhere and observe, I always take mine 

on holiday where ever it may be, home or abroad, download the 

monthly newsletter in the binocular section, it gives lot's of targets

to view and how to find them  http://binocularsky.com/ is a very good

site for bins, let's hope for better weather soon.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Hi Pam,

Welcome to SGL from another Notts amateur. This is a very friendly place to gain & share knowledge no matter what level your at....

Enjoy Ady

Archived