Hi, From Dave n Sonya

Dave 71

Hi, im Dave n Wife is Sonya, both interested in stars her more than me, looking forward to getting those tips n tricks to help us through the world of stars! :grin:

Just bought a Danubia 30 telescope, dunno if its any good or a mistake

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dave and wife Sonya, welcome to SGL. No matter what telescope you have acquired, it should at least begin to give you an insight into the world of Astronomy. It will only be but a short matter of time, as your knowledge increases, as members of the forum, that you can consider whether your scope purchase has been a wise one. Try down loading the free program "Stellarium" this should help you find your way about the night sky, enjoy your Astronomy :) 

Hello to you both from metoo.

My wife has yet to look through a telescope. 

Deal was : " buy whatever telescope you want, but never ever bother me with it!"

Good luck with your telescope  :smiley: .

Rune

Hi, Dave and Sonya, and a warm welcome to SGL!

+1 for 'Stellarium'  - it will not only help in finding objects in the night sky, but can also be customised to your scope, giving you an idea of what you will be able to see through the eyepiece.

Hi and welcome to both you,

your first scope is just like all scopes, but you will wan't bigger

and bigger and so it go's on, because you will wan't to see more,

so enjoy your scope, and once you get used to using it the bug

will bite.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Archived