Hi from Steve in Wickford, Essex UK

assassinse2008

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greetings and welcome from Karmøy, a small island by the west coast of Norway  :smiley: .

I am a visual stargazer only, and I know AP would be way to frustrating for me.

I do however look at the images in this forum and cant stop being amazed what images 'amateurs' can create from their backyard.

Rune

Hi, Steve, and welcome to SGL! You mention astrophotography, but don't say where your interest is - deep sky or solar system/lunar/planetary photography. They are two very different wallet emptiers disciplines with different camera requirements. Very briefly - to take planets and the moon usually involves adapted webcam or short exposure cameras, whereas deep sky imaging involves long (often very long) exposure using a tracking mount, guiding,  and DSLR or specific cooled cameras. Both are covered in the various imaging sections of the  forum. If you are interested in deep sky imaging then I can highly recommend "Making Every Photon Count" by Steve Richards which has become something of an imagers bible on here! (This is available from 'FLO' through the link at the top of the page)

Hope that helps,

Martin

Hi Steve and welcome to SGL from another imager!! If DSO's are looking at taking your interest, can I recommend buying the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available in the FLO book section. It really is something of an imagers bible and will really get you on your way. Certainly read it through twice at least before buying anything!!! It will help you understand what you need and why.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived