NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Mars 2nd May-14

si@nite

Very nice image set Simon, great scale and you have managed to bring out a lot of detail around the pole. Think I will invest in mono plus filters in time for Jupiter for that extra resolution :)

That's nice. Still plenty of detail showing, even on the more bland face of Mars. I got a nice shot of Jupiter about 9pm, then the seeing went down hill, so I imaged K1 Panstarrs and the Crescent Nebula for a while. By about 2:30 to 3am, seeing had improved a bit, which is when I got my Saturn image.

Some very nice images Simon. You must have been zoomed in a lot. What barlow did you use?

Glad you have managed to get out imaging. I am going spare with all this cloud in our local area. Afraid the last time I was able to image was Feb 27th. So missed Mars and Saturn's Opposition. :(

I am always being told I should find another hobby, but I won't give up so easily.

Archived