NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 23/03 from Bembridge

SnakeyJ

Only a single run on Saturn at around 19deg elevation as it was sooo wobbly - a very hasty process, with a manual RGB align in Gimp rather than WJ.   Still this is my first Saturn of the year - lets hope subsequent ones get a little better ;)

post-26731-0-27986800-1395544257_thumb.p

Three planets in  one night and now it's most definitely bed time :)

Thanks Stuart, hopefully in another month Saturn will be due South at a more sensible hour and I can give more time & attention - we've got a long wait before it gets any higher, so would like one good shot to tide me through ;)

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Nice one Jake!

Saturn is awkward for me.  I image from a small wobbly balcony and the first time I tried Saturn this time around it was so low that the balcony rail was obstructing the scope.  I have since raised the tripod legs, but I now struggle to get the scope on the mount - I'm a bit on the short side, had to take 4" off the tripod legs to make it comfortable to start with! LOL.  

Angie

Jake that`s a darn fine image! A lovely smooth rendition of Saturn which is really rather excellent at 19 degrees. I admire your stamina!!

Best regards,

Ralph

Archived