SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Suggestions for SW3

Mr Flibble

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tich,  your interior fabric looks the same as the cushion covers in the truck camper which I had back in California.   :smiley:

Mine was made in France but they stopped making them in 1990, the early 60's ones were just made out of ply.

57.jpg

Although mine isn't made out of much more lol.

We haven't even mentioned Tony's inflatable tent that's a clever bit of kit as well.

Mrs lovit reply to a TENT IN OCTOBER cannot be printed , the swear box filter would MELT  !!!!!!!!

Lenny

LOL that made me chuckle still I do remember the frost on the tents from the first meet.

just remember if you are having electric and ur in a tent to bring an extra long cable as lenny found out!      althrough im happy to make teas if needed :)

That reminds me I have a 50 meter EHU lead I must remember to pack it this time around for anyone who may need to borrow it.

I'm waiting on confirmation of the dates for something else (and term) but hope to at least pop up for a cuppa (bringing cake of course!)

Helen

It would be nice to see you there again Helen, kettle on standby.

Love the pictures Steve!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Justyn has booked up his pitch, so as far as I'm aware here's the latest bookings :

Tony - pitch 12 - tue to sun
Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun
Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun
Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun
Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun
Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun
Bats - pitch 5 - fri to sun
Garethmob - pitch 4 - thu to sun (I'm guessing you're pitch 4 Gaz?)

Reddoss - pitch 7 - thu to sun

I've posted details in the astro events section so probably would be best to use that thread from now on to carry on SW3 discussions. Here's the link.

Hope everyone has enjoyed the easter period and not scoffed too many eggs :p

@dave,   i'll be honest i havent the foggiest where i am on there all i know is iv booked. i can ring up and find out if it helps but i did request the last of the hard standings at the time. but i'll move over to the new thread now and bookmark that haha :)  

• 2 weeks later...

any news of any one else dave?   the other thread seems pretty dead :(

If last year was anything to go by Gaz the thread will die a death over the summer months as the dark nights disappear and then get rejuvinated at the end of summer when the anticipation of dark nights starts to come into view.

Its looking a really good group already - a few more in the months just preceedeing would make it a brilliant event- our largest to date probably.

No nothing yet Gaz but as Steve says it'll probably go quiet now the light nights are arriving. Autumn probably seems a long way off right now so fingers crossed interest will pick up nearer the time. There is only a handful of spaces left right now plus we don't know what spaces are/will be taken in the Oaks by non-astro campers!

The Oaks is  pre booked for 13 pitches at present. Mrs Rees has kept all those pitches listed for the SW3. To be fair to her we need to let her know the final numbers a few weeks before the event if we don't fill the Oaks.

If we do, and there are more who want to attend then they will have to use what other pitches are available near the main group.  

• 1 month later...

Thought I would bring attention to this thread again in case anyone missed it. September is still far enough away to comfortably make plans to attend, for those who might be interested in our Annual South Wales * Star Party *   :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

South Wales Group  * * *  " Star Party "  * * *   October 22 - 26  2014

Where :  Pencelli Castle  Caravan & Camping Park - Brecon

Booking: 0187 4665 451

There are still a few spaces available.   :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Great news, glad to have you along.

Hi Tony,

I bought a 2 inch Farpoint Cheshire eye piece for the MN190.

I have not used it yet as the collimation you did at SGL9 is still holding strong!

Welcome to the meet :)    i was wondering if a kind soul might be able to "lend" me an ES or hyperon over the meet weekend so i can see what their like in the lx90....... id love to move to 2" eyepieces as quick as possiable just to get some benifit.

you have had an SCT matt or a large mak what was your ES's like?

Archived