Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Suggestions for SW3

Mr Flibble

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From small acorns Oak Trees grow.

It is difficult to imagine how our group has flourished over the last 6 1/2 years. Its original name was South Wales Valleys ( may be wrong) and consisted of Myself, Garth and Helen.

Me and Garth went to our first meet some where over by Bargoed, it was a near complete disaster as the Parking Area had the biggest security lights you could imagin.

Now here we are with approximately 100 members and the most active Social Group on SGL and getting mentioned in a National Publication.

All of this success can only be credited to the members of our group who commit so much time and effort to make it what it is.

So from me to you all a "Big Thank You" to everybody for all you do.

For all of you going to SWG 3 here's hoping for clear skies .

Pat

That's very interesting Pat, I never knew any of this. Perhaps you could write a short history we could use as a foreword to future star party promotions.

I have only been on one of the two previous events.  With only 6 of us at the last one it was a great week. 

So with that in mind and hopefully 20 attending the next, it will be one great event.  Thanks for the kind words.

Not long to go.

I remember that day pat!  in Cwm Darren Park up in Deri haha it was a little disaster but i did manage to get a few of the first meteor photos i ever took! as it was during the persids (i think) as there were alot that night and fairly bright.   this group has exploded with members in the last few years! and really shows the amount of people who i once thought was on one hand living near me who were interested in astronomy to having to reuse my hands and feet multipul times!   it shows the dedication to the people who keep this group alive! :)  

Really looking forward to the SP in october now! :) trailers nearly finished (just need to finish wireing the 12v powersupply in for lighting) and im done :)   i wonder if we will get any more members now its been put in the mag,     it be great if we turned up and the whole campsite was overflowing!  

I'm not too sure. I'd imagine if you brought a sat dish with the free sat it would prob work. Not too sure though if normal freeview would. I can't really remember how fast my phones Internet was. I remember I had it but not sure how good it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk please ignore any spelling typo thingys

• 3 weeks later...

Its looking touch and go at the moment whether I can make this - broke down in the middle of Wales last weekend and came home on the back of a flat bed - cars still outside on the drive with our local garage promising to come and pick it up but as yet its still there. Hopefully I'll have some good news shortly but its pretty much in the balance at the moment    :0(

Sorry to hear you're having problems Steve. I'm having a few myself. I posted this in the Thoughts for the Day thread.

Not so much a thought for the day but a prayer.

I was hoping my back trouble would have subsided by the weekend just gone, giving me just over a week getting myself rested for Tuesday. 

Unfortunately, I'm still getting problems. If I do go next Tuesday and I'm not right I could be heading for bigger problems.

I'm going to give it until Sunday, if its not considerably better by then I will not going. 

It looks like a couple of us may have to drop out for one thing or another. :(

I should have room for you steve in the truck. As I'm not bringing the dog so it should be ok and I'm only bringing the meade and the megrez so should have plenty of room.

I should have room for you steve in the truck. As I'm not bringing the dog so it should be ok and I'm only bringing the meade and the megrez so should have plenty of room.

Cheers Gaz- at least I have another option - appreciate the offer mate

Tony sorry to hear about your back - I know exactly what its like- out in the freezing cold in a tent is definitely not what the Doctor ordered -fingers crossed things will improve by the weekend

as this gets nearer, all the talk of chorizo pasties and Rioja makes me a little dissappointed i am not coming!!! Next time.. I am there! i cant make pasties, but i make a cracking pastrami sandwich!

hope you get lots of clear skies and not so many fuzzy heads!

Couple of days to go now folks. I'm in a funny position at the moment. Booked off Thursday and Friday off but still without the car.might not make it until Saturday or might be Thursday but coming home for Friday then back.everything is up in the air for me at the moment unfortunately

The offer is still there mind steve and I don't mind going back and for. Chances are I need to due to the dog any way.

Thanks Gaz appreciate the offer - just not sure how things are going to pan out at the moment - at least the car has been towed to the garage and their looking at it - though the last I heard their mechanic was full of flu so could be a bit of a delay. Daughters coming home, Furniture being delivered - loads of things at the wrong time but I'm still optimistic about having a few nights in Brecon though might not be there during the days- just have to see how things pan out at the moment - will probably call the camp Site on Wednesday and pay over the phone if I can then at least I can come and go as things develop.

Could do with a decent weather forecast now- at the moment the best night is looking Tuesday but plenty of time for things to change

Sorry guys but I'm bowing to the inevitable and dropping out this year which is gutting as its the first one I've missed - things are just overtaking me at work and home so something had to give way- hopefully I can make it up Saturday night but I'm not counting any chickens at all at the moment

I've phoned the site and cancelled my pitch in the oaks which was booked Thursday to Friday so theres spare room on the main pitch if anyone wants to shuffle closer to the main group

Fingers crossed for you all - hopefully I will catch up soon

Sorry to hear you are not going Steve. But as you say something has to give in these situations.

I'm in a similar situation. I know I shouldn't go, everyone is telling me not to go.

So I'm sat here with all my gear ready to pack into the car,  undecided. 

I'm sure if I go I'll regret it, and if I don't I'll regret it......Decisions decisions.

Sorry to hear you are not going Steve. But as you say something has to give in these situations.

I'm in a similar situation. I know I shouldn't go, everyone is telling me not to go.

So I'm sat here with all my gear ready to pack into the car,  undecided. 

I'm sure if I go I'll regret it, and if I don't I'll regret it......Decisions decisions.

Just catching up, been away for several days.  Yeah, I think you're right Tony, regret it if you do, regret it if you don't. The only difference is the expense involved. Regardless of the forecast, I'm going to get everything ready tomorrow; I'm still thinking that the glass is half full.  

Archived