Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss_winners.thumb.jpg.9deb4a8db27e7485a7bb99d98667c94e.jpg

Mr Flibble

Suggestions for SW3

got to work next weekend so no day trip to SGL for me , OH HUM

Lenny

Shame you can't make a day out to SGL it would have been great to have caught up.

I'm looking forward to SW3 also can't wait chaps.....

1017330_10151734125738434_1849168764_n.j

1017330_10151734125738434_1849168764_n.j

Nice selection of scopes !

I'll bring a white one, and our "slightly larger" blue one.

Edit:   :lipsrsealed:  :wink:  

Edited by L8-Nite
  • Like 1

Evening all, stole my mates dads computer for tonight in the garage haha. 

i have booked SGL,   sorry steve i thought thats what you meant, i actually missed this thread completly.    i get paid on monday so i was hoping to do it then but looks like i might have to now lol.    theres 4 pages of threads behind and sadly ita taking 10 mins to load each one,  can some one tell me what are the dates i would probally have monday - following monday off work but there thurs - sun which dates are they as i think im a little lost haha.

i got your text steve but sadly my phones failing to reply   it worked perfectly last sunday too :(

Gaz

Nice one Tich - now it all comes flooding back (quite literally for some the first year I remember )

SWG 1

med_gallery_19097_2115_405834.jpg

gallery_19097_2115_222044.jpg

med_gallery_19097_2115_203431.jpg

med_gallery_19097_2115_2989832.jpgsml_gallery_19097_2115_3176870.jpgsml_gallery_19097_2115_1509583.jpg

FOLLOWED BY THE EQUALLY EXCELLENT SWG 2

med_gallery_19097_2776_354529.jpg

med_gallery_19097_2776_695066.jpg

med_gallery_19097_2776_552402.jpgsml_gallery_19097_2776_1116712.jpgsml_gallery_19097_2776_2185583.jpg

med_gallery_19097_2776_920596.jpg

and I can see SWG 3 being the best yet - book your seats folks

• Like 2

Evening all, stole my mates dads computer for tonight in the garage haha. 

i have booked SGL,   sorry steve i thought thats what you meant, i actually missed this thread completly.    i get paid on monday so i was hoping to do it then but looks like i might have to now lol.    theres 4 pages of threads behind and sadly ita taking 10 mins to load each one,  can some one tell me what are the dates i would probally have monday - following monday off work but there thurs - sun which dates are they as i think im a little lost haha.

i got your text steve but sadly my phones failing to reply   it worked perfectly last sunday too :(

Gaz

Gaz - its the week ending Sat 25th October ie that will be our last night before we return on the Sunday - I think theres only 1 hard standing left at the moment so I'd phone sooner rather than later- they don't want payment until the event

Hope you can make it

Pitches booked so far (please correct if wrong) :-

Tony - pitch 12 - wed to sun

Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun

Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun

Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun

Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun

Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun

just rang up and receptionist wasnt there so left a message (think with the owner) for some one to ring me back :)

Hey Gaz,  cool tent trailer, seen these in the States.  I got lost in translation when we were talking about "pop up trailers" the other day.

Nice one mate- thats 8 in total fully booked - 9 if Rusko books up as well - thats more than our first outing already

looking forward to it already.

nice one Gaz , welcome back

Mike you will love Tich`s Mystery machine complete with 70's décor :icon_rr:  !!!!! , a flat-pack caravan , very clever

Lenny

• Like 1

Couple more bookings so here we go :-

Tony - pitch 12 - tue to sun
Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun
Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun
Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun
Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun
Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun
Bats - pitch 5 - fri to sun
Garethmob - pitch ? - thu to sun

Hey Gaz,  cool tent trailer, seen these in the States.  I got lost in translation when we were talking about "pop up trailers" the other day.

Hello mike!    she is actually american she was made in   indiana (strangly my dogs name haha) and she was built 1981,  shipped over to the uk and adapted to the UK guidelines.   i honestly think with the chasse its stronger than ones these days and must be the actual weight of the trailer too lol.

i love tich's trailer,  theres alot more in it than mine! and easier to tow, althrough i might be getting an old diesel discovery this weekend to replace the BMW :) 

Gareth when you speak to the booking people ask for pitch 4. Its a hard standing I think opposite Dave.

If you have any difficulties let me know and I'll get them to move people about if possible. (not SW people)

They have moved people who booked pitches prior for us to have the whole area, so a couple more wont hurt.

I do know from my summer stay there that caravans have pitched on the grass down by where Lenny was.

Anyway we have at present 13 pitches allocated to us.

Edited by Freff

Hello Tony

im all booked up now,    when i phoned the guy phoned back when i was inside where the computer with the dates and info was on other end of the yard,  but i said i wanted the thursday, a hardstanding with leccy and i was with the astronomy group (they purked up when i said that )and i was there last year.  sadly he didnt say which one im on, but i mentioned there should be one hardstanding left so fingers crossed it will be that one.    sadly its a little late to ring back now, i dont like ringing after 8 unless its an emergancy, but if any one rings up or anything more than happy to check   im under gareth thomas :)

with what i have though it dosent bother me where i am iv got a stupid long cable and the trailers not that big so if im on grass i dont mind :)

Gareth

nice one Gaz , welcome back

Mike you will love Tich`s Mystery machine complete with 70's décor :icon_rr:  !!!!! , a flat-pack caravan , very clever

Lenny

Get ya rose tinted specs on :p

480069_10150905159708434_1061517003_n.jp

1186206_10151734108268434_1454793569_n.j

1385757_10151734108218434_1043477297_n.j

I might bring the full awning with me so we can have somewhere to congregate in but we will see.

Oh yeah & that's orange & brown too  :evil:

386190_10150378804833434_252318369_n.jpg

I really should get the smaller model for this solo camping malarky but I'd miss the space.

Glad to hear you've booked up Gaz!!!

• Like 2

Tich,  your interior fabric looks the same as the cushion covers in the truck camper which I had back in California.   :smiley:

• Like 1

My Wife will most likely be attending.  Is anyone else bringing their better half  ? ? ?

Bob has brought his wife in the past Mike, Paul aswel and I think Tonys wife also came last year although didn't stay for the evenings. Its a lovely part of the world- great walks and little pubs about the place in the day and when the clouds roll in- I'm sure everyone will make her feel most welcome.

Hello Tony

im all booked up now,    when i phoned the guy phoned back when i was inside where the computer with the dates and info was on other end of the yard,  but i said i wanted the thursday, a hardstanding with leccy and i was with the astronomy group (they purked up when i said that )and i was there last year.  sadly he didnt say which one im on, but i mentioned there should be one hardstanding left so fingers crossed it will be that one.    sadly its a little late to ring back now, i dont like ringing after 8 unless its an emergancy, but if any one rings up or anything more than happy to check   im under gareth thomas :)

with what i have though it dosent bother me where i am iv got a stupid long cable and the trailers not that big so if im on grass i dont mind :)

Gareth

Gareth I'll phone the site tomorrow for you and try and get you a hard standing.

There are three grass pitches next to where Tich was last year (26, 27, & 28) if any one of those are any good for you.

Mrs lovit reply to a TENT IN OCTOBER cannot be printed , the swear box filter would MELT  !!!!!!!!

Lenny

• Like 2

Any one who's tuning in for the first time or is just considering coming along - don't be shy to get in touch its a great weekend and everything is really friendly and informal and most of all everyone is very helpful with all ranges of experience and equipment- you'd be more than welcome. 

med_gallery_31765_2022_1338790560_17404.

med_gallery_31765_2022_1338790560_17399.gallery_31765_2022_1338790557_16985.jpg

med_gallery_31765_2022_1338790560_17398.

• Like 1

Mrs lovit reply to a TENT IN OCTOBER cannot be printed , the swear box filter would MELT  !!!!!!!!

Lenny

Same with my Mrs., that's why we're bringing the horse box.   :grin:

Here is a couple from the summer. They give you some idea of the bottom end of The Oaks

post-7131-0-82290100-1395955680_thumb.jp

post-7131-0-73220500-1395955710_thumb.jp

• Like 1

ARGH my green EX ASDA costume haha   that just seemed to suck all the light in on that photo!    fair play the oaks pitches are massive, last year we had to move closer to the road because of reseeding and there was still enough room!    just remember if you are having electric and ur in a tent to bring an extra long cable as lenny found out!      althrough im happy to make teas if needed :)