Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Suggestions for SW3

Mr Flibble

Hi Tony,

I bought a 2 inch Farpoint Cheshire eye piece for the MN190.

I have not used it yet as the collimation you did at SGL9 is still holding strong!

I'm glad the 190mn is still collimated Justyn, the Farpoint Cheshire should make things easier for you.....or me. :grin:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi gaz, your welcome to try out my Hyperion at the meet, hopefully I'll have seen you before that though.

Hi redoes welcome on board looking forward to seeing you there fingers crossed for some clear nights but it's a great site and we've had some great days out there over the last few years and everyone going is really nice and friendly, you'll have a great time

Down at Pencelli Castle at the moment with missus and kids. Lovely weather at the moment but things are forecast to change tomorrow! I'm gonna book myself in for a couple of nights for the October meet while I'm down here assuming there's still spaces left...

James

Down at Pencelli Castle at the moment with missus and kids. Lovely weather at the moment but things are forecast to change tomorrow! I'm gonna book myself in for a couple of nights for the October meet while I'm down here assuming there's still spaces left...

James

Hi James. I'm here at Pencelli also. Pitch 12 on the Oaks, pop by and say hello. I think 11 of the 13 pitches allocated to the SWG on The Oaks are gone. That's where the main group will be. There are of course other pitches available. Let me know if you are booking and I'll have a word with Mrs Rees and try and get you nearer. 

Hi James. I'm here at Pencelli also. Pitch 12 on the Oaks, pop by and say hello. I think 11 of the 13 pitches allocated to the SWG on The Oaks are gone. That's where the main group will be. There are of course other pitches available. Let me know if you are booking and I'll have a word with Mrs Rees and try and get you nearer.

Can't get the wifi to work down here, can I check that password again please?

Just booked pitch 9 for the Friday and Saturday night.... Fingers crossed for clear skies on those nights, as well as the dates either side for the rest of you!

James

Cool, fingers crossed it will be great for us all. :smiley: 

Were you able to catch up with Tony last night and do some Observing ?

Cool, fingers crossed it will be great for us all. :smiley:

Were you able to catch up with Tony last night and do some Observing ?

Hi Mike. Tony and I did catch up but there was a bit too much cloud cover to get the bins out. Been lovely weather here most of the day so we might get some luck tonight, although I won't hold my breath!

James

Nice one James, glad you are joining us.

Here's the latest as far as I know. Any changes, updates, or if anyone is missing please post to let us know :-)

Tony - pitch 12 - tue to sun
Tich - pitch 29 - sun to sun
Steve - pitch 13 - thu to sun
Flibble - pitch 11 - tue to sun
Lenny - pitch 25 - wed to sun
Mike - pitch 6 - thu to sun
Bats - pitch 5 - fri to sun
Garethmob - pitch 4 - thu to sun

Reddoss - pitch 7 - thu to sun

AstroJOE - pitch 9 - fri to sun

Well so much for the severe weather warnings... the skies in Brecon are crystal clear tonight! Milkyway clearly visible overhead and I just had some awesome views through the 12x70's. One too many glasses of Shiraz to work out what I was looking at but that didn't bother me, the sheer volume of stars, both with and without the bins made it worth it :grin: To be honest, I did get a few odd looks from some other guests who were on route to the toilet block..... but who cares :tongue:

Tony, I couldn't see any lights on at No.12 otherwise I would have asked you to join me :smiley:

Roll on the dark nights!

James

Well so much for the severe weather warnings... the skies in Brecon are crystal clear tonight! Milkyway clearly visible overhead and I just had some awesome views through the 12x70's. One too many glasses of Shiraz to work out what I was looking at but that didn't bother me, the sheer volume of stars, both with and without the bins made it worth it :grin: To be honest, I did get a few odd looks from some other guests who were on route to the toilet block..... but who cares :tongue:

Tony, I couldn't see any lights on at No.12 otherwise I would have asked you to join me :smiley:

Roll on the dark nights!

James

Hi James, just had the first daytime downpour at 2.30pm, you timed your decamp perfectly.

I turned in early last night (11pm) I was absolutely shattered. I did wake during the early hours to use my super wide necked bottle, and looked out. It was eerily quite and the skies just as you described.

Nice one James, glad you are joining us.

Here's the latest as far as I know. Any changes, updates, or if anyone is missing please post to let us know :-)

I thought there was 11 of us now. I'm probably wrong.

I spoke to Mr Rees (owner) at Pencelli last Thursday. He came across as I was packing up and talked in length about our astronomy group meet In Oct.

He was very enthusiastic about the event, and was clearly interested in seeing and using some of the telescopes. 

The site looks in great shape, although I guess they will be re-seeding about the time we are there. We may have to move out  a little the same as last year, which for me at least is great to camp on fresh grass.  

Starting to get excited again, I am. :grin:

Yes Dave,  it will be the Vixen ED 81s APO Refractor on the NEQ5 Pro.

I would have loved to have taken the 190MN to put it through it's visual paces. Unfortunately, it's to heavy for the NEQ5, and the EQ6 is mounted on my pier.

I have adapted the EQ6 tripod to use with the NEQ5 mount so it's not easily reversible.

I took the 190MN/EQ6 to Six Penny Hanley SP once, it was quite a hand full.

• 3 weeks later...

Update. Kev is joining us on pitch 10 :grin:

KevUU - pitch 10 - wed to sun

We're potentially at 15 people now that's far and away our best attendance and with Sandra,Matt,Helen, Daiwelly,Pat and possibly others visiting looks like its really starting to get itself established in the astronomy calendar. Well done David, Matt, Tony and all those concerned should be a great event.[emoji3]

Archived