Newbie from the UK

Karl X

Hi, I stumbled upon this site whilst looking for information on Telescopes.

I treated myself to a nice Camera a few weeks ago, it had a large optical Zoom and I instantly found myself taking loads of pictures of the Moon and Sky. 

This subsequently has now given me a hunger to progress a little deeper into things. I have no Telescope at present, but pretty much have decided I would like to go for a Skywatcher 130p Heritage within the next week or so. It seems to be a good starter scope from what I have read, compact and portable. (storage is an issue) and I don't have a garden of my own as such so should be east enough to take to the parents ;) I know my dad has a fascination with the ono too.

Hopefully I can progress later to attach a camera to it too, would love to capture some stills and videos from up there.

Karl

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you.

As a beginner, would I notice any difference between the 100p and the 130p?  

Its about £35 difference, and I'd rather put that money to a better eyepiece, maybe 5mm a bit later on. 

Karl

Welcome to SGL Karl  :smiley: .

​The more aperture you can get the more you will seeLike many of us you may find aperture fever will soon happen to you before long & you start to find you want more aperture Then!  :grin:  

Heya Karl.

I`ve got the heritage 130p and i like it alot. Have never attached any camera to it, visual use only, so I have no idea how that will work out.

But I use the Baader Hyperion 8-24mm zoom + barlow, and the little scope handles that weight with absolutely no problem.

The small scope has been perfect considering the weather we`ve had this autumn/winter, its up and running in 2 minutes.

Anyways, welcome and good luck with your choice of  scope. :smiley: .

Rune.

Archived