NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi from MK

jj-joker

hi all, greetings from Milton Keynes! Been browsing around here as a guest for a couple of weeks, so thought it best to make it official. I have found lots of useful/interesting info here, so many thanks for that and I hope to be able to contribute as my experience grows. New to astronomy, but armed with books, stellarium and my binoculars, I am having great fun finding my way around the sky. Started with some cheapo 10x50 bins, then quickly purchased some Opticron 15x70 bins which are proving to be perfect for my needs. Loving the grab and go nature of the bins, even when used on my tripod or monopod. I'll add a report to the binocular section, with some details of my exploits so far.

cheers, j

hi all, greetings from Milton Keynes! Been browsing around here as a guest for a couple of weeks, so thought it best to make it official. I have found lots of useful/interesting info here, so many thanks for that and I hope to be able to contribute as my experience grows. New to astronomy, but armed with books, stellarium and my binoculars, I am having great fun finding my way around the sky. Started with some cheapo 10x50 bins, then quickly purchased some Opticron 15x70 bins which are proving to be perfect for my needs. Loving the grab and go nature of the bins, even when used on my tripod or monopod. I'll add a report to the binocular section, with some details of my exploits so far.

cheers, j

Hi j  :smiley:

I have just joined tonight aswell

Many thanks for the warm welcome everyone - much appreciated!

.......and yes dwc, we can lay some blame your way for all this sitting out in the cold & dark - thanks for that ;-) Seriously though, thanks for the initial encouragement & loan of books/bins to get me started.

Cheers, J

Archived