Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Forgot what a scope is for!

simmo39

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

unlucky. For once we have been lucky and got out a few times in the last week. Sorry. I'm sure you'll get a chance to spot the SN soon. Its all part of the allure, isn't it? not being able to 'do' your hobby. Enjoy it when you get your chance.

Barry

Purchased a rigel quick finder and new filter early in december and other than five minutes one night to make sure they worked they have not been used in ernest yet. no sign of any improvemrnt up here either

Yeah, I fitted my Telrad on Tuesday, but haven't had chance to even properly align it, Pfft. Although it does look clear at 6 in the morning, Now, do I get up at 6 on a Saturday to see Saturn?? :)

No, you get up at 4 in preparation for 6 (and, just in case it's clear) :D

I picked up my first scope today, 9.25 inches of shiny goodness clogging up the dining room. Can't wait to get out and have a go, looking like about April at the moment......

I actually managed an hour this morning. What is even luckier, is that I recieved a new scope and mount last week so managed to use it for the first time as intended!

Sick of seeing half good seeing forecast, getting the Dob out and letting it cool then having the local microclimate end up with poor seeing.  So I decided to sort out a grab and go setup to compliment the Dob. So after hunting down an A80Mf @ TS, and an AZ4 from FLO, I was woken by the cats at just after 5 this morning, looked out and got it up and going in just over 10 mins. NE aspect for me, but managd to get good, (and suprising for this Aperture), views of M13 and M92. Both a little fuzzy, but with patience started to make out the odd stars in M92. Also a nice view around the Crescent Nebula and the hundreds of tiny pinpricks...though like a fool I didn't even think to check out Albireo thought it.

Hopefully I may get a chance at Jupiter tonight before it gets swallowed up by neighbouring Willow/House, but I won't hold my breath.

AZ4 is a damn fine alt-az mount btw. Very pleased with the Vixen A80Mf too.

Archived