Hello from Wiltshire

CraigSavery

Hi everyone,

I live in Chippenham, Wiltshire. I've been observing the night sky from my back garden for many years. I first got the bug as a young lad when my brother and I watched an incredible meteor shower from our parent's back garden. Regrettably, I do not remember which one it was.

Since then I've been a casual observer using my trusty Meade LX-10 which has served me very well indeed. More recently, I decided to take the plunge into astrophotography and so I've purchased a Teleskop Service 80/480 APO Triplet and HEQ5 Pro mount. I use a Canon 1000D which I'm considering modifying. I've got loads to learn and my early attempts are not the best but I'm really enjoying learning. Just wish for a few more clear nights (don't we all).

SGL seems like a fantastic forum with freindly members offering a wealth of advice and so I'm really looking forward to being part of the community. I've been browsing the site for ages, so I thought it was about time I said hello.

Archived