Hello, I'm a newbie

Hello,

I recently won a small amount of money and decided to get a telescope as have always wanted one and enjoy photography.

I purchased a Celestron Nexstar 90GT and with my Canon 500D have been experimenting trying some basic astrophotography.

Please have a look at my flickr pics and I welcome any comments http://www.flickr.com/photos/neilclapton/

But I noticed the telescope misting up, so after some reading here and other places decided to make up my own dew heater kit.

I sourced some parts from ebay:-

W&W Astro dew heater, 20 cm, for large 2'' eyepiece or finderscope

W&W Astro dew heater, 30 cm, for 4" telescopes

MATCHING 2.1MM x 5.5MM DC PLUG & MATCHING SOCKET PANEL MOUNT DC JACKS DIY

70x41x17 ABS Plastic Screwless Electric / Electronic Enclosure Project Box

Connector - RCA Phono Chassis Panel Sockets Stereo Red + White PAIR

12V 5A 60W AC DC Adapter Power Powering Supply for CCTV Cameras 5.5mmx2.1mm UK

and made this (see attachment) for £42 which has the benefit of also mains powering the telescope via 12v supply.

Tested indoors and works fine, now just got to wait for the rain to stop and some clear skies.

Thanks for reading and happy star gazing everyone.

post-34720-0-79719700-1389910172_thumb.j

Welcome to SGL - Looks like you are off to a flying start!! Nice moon pics on Flickr as well.

Have you got hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count'? It really is an excellent read for imagers that concentrate on DSO imaging and explains so much.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL - Looks like you are off to a flying start!! Nice moon pics on Flickr as well.

Have you got hold of a copy of 'Making Every Photon Count'? It really is an excellent read for imagers that concentrate on DSO imaging and explains so much.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Making Every Photon Count now on my birthday wishlist, thanks for the recommendation swag72

Archived