Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Solo from Copenhagen

GeohanSolo

Hi guys

I am an aspiring astrophotographer from Denmark. I have joined this forum to gain further insights on the tools of the trade. Standing on the shoulder of giants is by far the best way to engage in new topics and gain more knowledge.

Primarily, I joined this forum as I have experienced dificulties with my Meade 125 ETX, a maksutov-cassegrain reflektor telescope and I am hoping to read up on the tricks to use this scope as the youtube really isn't that much help.

As a result, I have recently bought a telezoom and a teleconverter to further my voyage into stardom. I could go on for hours...

I look forward to being part of the Stargazers forums.

Best regards

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL from a fellow imager! I cannot offer you any help on your scope, but I expect if you do a search then there's something on the forum about it. Is it on a GEM mount or an alt/az? Also what do you think you'd like to image, DSO's or solar system stuff? I ask as sadly there's not one scope for both.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Howdy and welcome, friend. There certainly are some giants on here who are more than happy to share their knowledge. People are generous with advice and it is the most friendly forum I have ever used in any area of interest.

Imaging really is great fun but when you get stuck head on over to the Beginners' Imaging section where there is a world of knowledge (literally!).

Cheers and good luck/clear skies!

Chris

Hello and welcome to SGL.

I used to live in Copenhagen in the 1970'S, loved every minute of it. Its a beautiful city and people back then were very friendly.

I used to speak fluent Danish then but I'm a bit rusty now, its been 34 years since I was there last.

Avtar

Hello and welcome to SGL.

I used to live in Copenhagen in the 1970'S, loved every minute of it. Its a beautiful city and people back then were very friendly.

I used to speak fluent Danish then but I'm a bit rusty now, its been 34 years since I was there last.

Avtar

Hi Avtar

Copenhagen is still at its best, expanding and building even better infrastructure than a decade ago. I live in the northern part, which is also the darkest part, with many lakes. Copenhagen welcomes travellers, you should revisit.

Best, Solo

Hi Geohansolo and welcome to SGL , you might find what you are looking for in "Weasners Mighty ETX" American web sight, a multitude of information on this range of scopes :)

Thank you John, I will put it on my to-do list.

Best, Solo

Archived