Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Belgium

Kew

Hello all. As the heading states, I live in Belgium (Stabroek) after moving from the UK a few years back. Always had an interest in what's 'up there' but location, time and £'s have all restricted me to on-line involvement. How ever, I recently retired and thought as a winter hobby I'd take the plunge in a more practical way.

I have read with much interest the comments on what to buy to get started and decided the Skyhawk 1145P would suit the pocket and not be overly complicated or too large. I'm hoping it will arrive in time for me to catch a decent view of Ison.

As a newby to this , I'd appreciate. being pointed to helpful topics, especially in the setting and use of this scope.

Kew (Ken)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hiya Ken - Welcome to SGL. There's a wealth of information in the beginners section, if you've not already done so have a look and I'm sure there will be something useful for you in there.

Retirement is great for star gazing!!! Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Many Tx for the welcomes. I'm assured my telescope arrives Tomorrow, Tuesday. Might be a good idea to catch up with the little jobs around the house first. Sort of buffer what might come my way when 'someone else' sees it!

I already learnt one important thing from here...study, read and listen is more important and comes ahead of 'doing'. Doing the first three now, tomorrow I'll sit and look at the box while I calm down and get the nerve to get the scissors working.

Cheers. Ken.

O h, that was great! I was tracking my eagerly awaited telescope package. It was 2miles away. Looking through the window the van pulled up. I went to open the door. Raining real hard. Postie didn't even come to the door. Just dropped a 'You weren't in' form in the box and drove off. He must have seen me waving at him in his rear-view. Now I have to collect on Thursday. Many Tx Belgium postal, you cocked up on the final 5 metres of a very good long distance speedy delivery..!!

Archived