Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dob gone...

estwing

well my meade 12.5" starfinder has a new home for Christmas and I hope it gives its new owner as much joy as it gave me...its the reason I started DSO'ing, great app for the money and introduced me to a strange thing called a Dobsonian (don't think they'ill catch on) anyway so long old buddy :icon_salut:

post-30602-133877760049_thumb.jpg

Funny how some scopes go without leaving too much of a mark whereas others leave more lasting memories. I'm sure the new owner is cherishing the Meade as you did and it does seem a shame if it was not getting it's fair share of photons :smiley:  

Funny how some scopes go without leaving too much of a mark whereas others leave more lasting memories. I'm sure the new owner is cherishing the Meade as you did and it does seem a shame if it was not getting it's fair share of photons :smiley:  

I had this with trading the 180 mak down to a 150, i felt it was right for me, but did not want to let the 180 go, but its gone to a good home and the 150 is working out very well  :cool:

Hi Calvin,

Really good to meet you last night and many thanks for giving me the time to come up and get the dob. You're a gent :icon_salut:

It's made it down south safe n sound after an overnighter in Manchester. Shame the sky down here tonight isn't like it was up there last night. I nearly went off the road a couple of times looking at the stars rather than the road :smiley:

The forecast at the moment looks like Sunday evening might be its' first outing. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Lee

I feel like I've missed out on a bargain there but when I asked myself if I'd really get the use out of it I had to say no. Right now A.P. is my main love although I just know when I've got that sorted, I'm gonna really wish I'd grabbed your meade. better build a dob base for my 200p :). Let me know when the moonshane is going for £250.......bahahahahaha

Hi Calvin,

Really good to meet you last night and many thanks for giving me the time to come up and get the dob. You're a gent :icon_salut:

It's made it down south safe n sound after an overnighter in Manchester. Shame the sky down here tonight isn't like it was up there last night. I nearly went off the road a couple of times looking at the stars rather than the road :smiley:

The forecast at the moment looks like Sunday evening might be its' first outing. Fingers crossed.

Cheers

Lee

did you go leek, macc then stockport Lee? some goodish skies around there on the edge of the peak district..remember ,new scope=piccys!!..clear skies!

I feel like I've missed out on a bargain there but when I asked myself if I'd really get the use out of it I had to say no. Right now A.P. is my main love although I just know when I've got that sorted, I'm gonna really wish I'd grabbed your meade. better build a dob base for my 200p :). Let me know when the moonshane is going for £250.......bahahahahaha

the results your pulling in already with the new frac should keep you busy for a while!...oh and someone else is front of the queue for both of my scopes

IMG01917 20130921 1601

...just got top marks at school for his solar system project not bad for a 5yr old! well done Freddie!!

did you go leek, macc then stockport Lee? some goodish skies around there on the edge of the peak district..remember ,new scope=piccys!!..clear skies!

Yes I did. I even pulled into a layby at one point to look at the stars and ah ...... well let's just say it was a dual purpose stop and who says blokes can't multitask :grin:

I'll try to get some pics Sunday when I can get it into the garden.

You've got yourself a bargain there LeeM and a well looked after one at that. Calvin didn't accidently leave one of them green ep's in the focuser did he ? :D

Cheers really looking forward to getting it somewhere dark over Xmas.

If he'd left one of those, the barlow and the paracorr in I wouldn't have got the OTA through my van door :grin:

Archived