New member saying hi...

mblann1960

New member saying hi from Louisiana.

I'm very new to all this so not much to say, but very excited since I've always been interested in Astronomy and Space in general.

I'm getting the Celestron NexStar 130 SLT telescope for Christmas, and must say I'm pretty excited! Hope it'll work out for me.

I've only just begun to browse this site but am loving what I see so far.

Hope to learn more and perhaps make some friends....

Mark

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Mark welcome to the lounge,

only 6 more sleeps and you will be in heaven, literally, so enjoy

your new scope, you will have a good time, lot's to observe this

time of year, and you will get lot's of help and advice here in S G L

and make many new friends, so welcome to this wonderful hobby.

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

Welcome to SGL Mark - Glad that you found us and also, I'd like to say, that you are definitely in the right place. There's loads of information on the forum and helpful friendly folk too. So grab a chair and enjoy the ride, where ever it may take you!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hello Mark,

welcome and have fun with your telescope!

The NexStar SLT mounts are quite nice goto mounts (even though they cost more then the actual telescope :-) )

130mm/5" will show a lot of things, nice first steps into Deepsky observation but also great for viewing the planets with the right eyepieces.

If you are more into Deepsky, a 8" Dobsonian will be the next step :-) GoTo is a nice tool but not necessary.

Hi mate welcome to SGL :)

You have definitely come to the right place! Any question answered here it's better than google lol!

I'm sure you will love your new scope and it will give you endless nights of pleasure.

Wishing you many clear skies

Lee

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Welcome to SGL, Mark!

Baseball fan?

Dana

Hi Dana, Thanks for the welcome!

Not a huge Baseball fan, usually only get into it when it's close to the World Series. My main sport is football...college and NFL.

Looking forward to this new hobby of mine though...been wanting to delve into this for years, but just kept putting it off.

Archived