Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

}{owdy from Wizzzconsin

GenoTex

Native Texan displaced to the Great white North... well almost!...

scope owner since Haley's Comet... started smaller, now with a 12.5 inch dob.

Would be rude not to at least say hello. ! 

Look forward to browsing for a while... and then... well... ya just never know :)

Thanks

Geno... (from) Texas...  GenoTex.

:cool:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Mr. Davenport...

my first dob, which served me quite well for 20 years, or so, was an 8inch .  I donated that one just this year to a local club in Green Bay for mirror finishing.   Just got the larger dob about three years ago... between nasty skies in Wisconsin and working, wasn't able to use it much, but now that I'm retired hope to increase its usage, if the weather cooperates!  

While winter skies hold some of the most gorgeous views, it is frequently cloudy and/or too darn cold!   

But I'll do what I can, when I can. 

Have never done any imaging... have always felt the 'awe' --- and still do most times, even after all these years -- of naked eye viewing, binocs and scopes, and just 'browsing' the heavens. 

I have the Sky Atlas   (w.Tirion) and use it when specifically searching, and a 'only decent' set of about a dozen eyepieces/filters... plenty for an 'amateur' like me.

Welcome, fellow American! Good to have you here. I remember *attempting* to see Halley's comet when I was a youngster. My dad bought us a department store telescope for the occasion. Turned out to be quite a dud, though, didn't it? I might still be alive the next time our comes around, who knows...

Archived