New on this forum

Surround

Hi everbody

I`m from Norway, in the high north where the aurora can be seen quite often :)

I hope to learn more about astro photography and i have an Nikon D3s, Nikkor 70-200 mm, and a Nikkor 70-200 mm. I also have an William Optics Ferrari scope wich I hope to use with my camera.  But at this time, I don`t know how :)

Finally I have an astro track TT320X-AG, which I just bought. So, it`s not the equipment that`s the limit, but the photographer... :)

Sorry for my poor english :)

Sincerely

Arnstein Dale

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Arnstein and welcome to the forum. There is a lot of expertise here on the imaging questions so it won't be long before you find some answers to your questions. I do envy you being able to see the aurora as all I can see where I live is light pollution!  :grin:

Clear skies and hope you enjoy the forum.

James

Hi Arnstein! Welcome to the group.

I have a D2x and it's a bit large for mounting on my 120 mm scope. Because of the weight, I have to clamp it down well. A D800 would be a better Astro camera for me. I too have a 70-200 Nikkor and a 200-400 Nikkor (yes, the expensive one)! I should try some Astro photography (moon) with the big lens, someday.

I'm not familiar with your WO Ferarri scope. I'll look it up. Do you have it mounted on a clock drive. I have one on my scope and have run only a few photo experiments with limited success.

Cheers! John

Archived