Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Oxfordshire!

pete86

Hello all!

My name is Pete I'm 21 and from a small town in Oxfordshire.

I have just got my first telescope... a Bresser Lyra 70mm on an equatorial mount (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

I'm a complete begginer! I couldnt even tell you what constallations are where but since having a look through my dads telescope I've been hooked!

I'm reading through the Phillips Astro-Book which comes with books on how to use a telescope, star charts etc and also have Astronomica by Sir Patrick Moore which I will save till I understand a few things!

If anyone wants to know more or lives in my area and wants to share any good viewing places with me give me a shout!

Thanks for reading, hope to speak soon. :rolleyes:

Hi Pete,

Welcome to SGL, this is a great forum and there's loads of very experienced people (I'm not one of then) who can give you heaps of advice. Then there's the rest of us newbies all sharing the development of a great hobby and learning along the way.

cheers

Sam

Nice to have you here Pete. You will find SGL a great forum, with lots of

help for you if you need it. Enjoy your new scope, but watch out for the aperture bug which tends to bite you after a while.

The main symptoms are an overwhelming feeling that you want to see more. It bit most of us on here. :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ron. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Small world, ain't it - (almost) everyone's from Oxfordshire (me too)!

Sadly I don't have transport, but I do a fair bit of daytime walking. If you have a car, the Ridgway is reasonably accessible - Paved roads/tracks etc. Usually QUIET up there too... if you are a bit wary of the (ahem) "townie" types etc. :D

Hello all!

My name is Pete I'm 21 and from a small town in Oxfordshire.

I have just got my first telescope... a Bresser Lyra 70mm on an equatorial mount (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

I'm a complete begginer! I couldnt even tell you what constallations are where but since having a look through my dads telescope I've been hooked!

I'm reading through the Phillips Astro-Book which comes with books on how to use a telescope, star charts etc and also have Astronomica by Sir Patrick Moore which I will save till I understand a few things!

If anyone wants to know more or lives in my area and wants to share any good viewing places with me give me a shout!

Thanks for reading, hope to speak soon. :D

Hey Pete

Finaly someone from Oxford i`m from oxford aswell.from part you from? e.g witney kennigton etc

anyways hope ya enjoy the forum

Carl

Archived