Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

nightfisher

Saddleworth star camp

hi Jules

if we have indicated yes so far have you saved us a spot or do I need to book quickly!!??

Hi Shane, i am working on basis of people that have indicated yes to this, so far we have an indicated 13 attendees, would like to keep it to about 20 max

phew, cheers mate. that's what I hoped you meant :smiley:

• Like 1

Just been having a word with a very helpful chap called Moonshane, and he will be happy to help out with any collimation issues at this camp, so if your coming to this star party and need help with newtonians feel free to ask for assistance, if you have not met Shane you will find him very helpful and amenable, but if we have good clear skies give the man time to get some sleep 

Just noticed its below the Rams Head pub, they used to sell Old Peculiar out of a barrel behind the bar, might just visit to check if they still do  :grin:

• Like 1

I'm looking into whether I can attend Jules so xill update when I can.

How did you get on with that TAL you purchased at PSP13

Damian

I've been to the rams head pub years ago with the big log fire. Old peculiar now there's a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I've been to the rams head pub years ago with the big log fire. Old peculiar now there's a thought.

Yep OP guarantees stars even if its cloudy

I took a little detour in the wagon today, so i could drive past this campsite in the daytime, to get a better idea of how the light pollution will be, there is very little around the area, i really think it will be pretty good for us.

Remember when booking, state "saddleworth star camp/party"

• Like 1

Hi Jules

Can you please add me to the list, i have just booked with them. :smiley:

Adam

Just booked my pitch, hope to see you all there, are there any visual observers attending as my brother in law would like to come if its not all focused on imaging.

Mike

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hi Jules

Can you please add me to the list, i have just booked with them. :smiley:

Adam

Adam, your in and glad to have your support on this gathering

Just booked my pitch, hope to see you all there, are there any visual observers attending as my brother in law would like to come if its not all focused on imaging.

Mike

Mike will be a good mix of imaging and visual, probab;y slightly more for visual work, thanks for booking

any room for me? im actually work for an event for a change :D

Edited by Daniel-K

Would it be ok to Show my face for a few hours? And not stop the night?

I dont see a problem with calling in

any room for me? im actually work for an event for a change :D

Yep, good to have you with us

Jules do I have to ring the site to book?

Yes if you ring site and mention the saddleworth star party

Glad to see people getting behind this and booking up, and by time it comes around, we might even have some decent weather//clear skies

• Like 1

Is there a pitch layout or is it more informal than that? Really looking forward to it now.

Mike

Mike, sorry but no pitch layout, im hoping to get a couple of pics of the section of the site we will be on in a week or so

Hey that's fine just wondered that's all, what time are people going to start arriving?

Mike