Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saddleworth star camp

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi.  Possible for me too. Please pencil in for now.  As per other comments.  Subject to work / family but should be ok.

Just up the road from me in Tameside.  Regards  John

consider yourself in

I'm in if space is available.

good to have you with us

Not good at all. I camped up there last year and took an ED100 with me,  just why I was shocked with Bolton and Manchester so near was beyond me.

Im not promising no light pollution, have already said there will be some, but should be better than most of our backyards and is just a social gathering

• 4 weeks later...

I have a small update, just got back from a drive up to where this campsite is, yes there is a slight orange glow, and some lighting from residential trailers on site, so up to you guys if you want to go ahead with this camp

well I for one appreciate the effort you have made and if it's on I'll hope to attend. if we can get out of direct lights then I am sure the skies will be better than most of our gardens'.

Appreciated Shane, its cheap cheerful and definately better than the gardens of suburbia and close so lets keep the ball rolling, also there is a nice pub 50 yards from the campsite  

I have spoken with the owners of Moorlands today, very helpful, they tell me the EHU cost is no more than £3 per night but likely to be less, and we can have a quiet part of the campsite well away from the few residential part, where we will have very good vista`s, i am now back on track for this gathering, and looking forward to it

I would like to announce confirmation of this event here  http://www.moorlandscp.co.uk/Moorlands-Park-&-Moorlands-Caravan-&-Camping-Park-Caravan-sites-in-Saddleworth-Caravan-site-Saddleworth.html  lets hope we have a good friday and saturday, with clear skies

Hi Jules

Is there still room for one more ?  If so whats the latest I would need to be there

because I never know where work takes me (HGV)

Pat

Hi Pat, more than welcome, i dont see a problem with arriving late, maybe you could ask boss for a local run/early finish, but we would help you pitch tent and stuff. i do same job so i understand the problems 

Archived