Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Hard decision to make

valleyman

After another problem with my heart 2 weeks ago, I had a 4th Attack last Thursday and have been in the Gwent yet again.

The sad thing is that I have now decided to give up full time astronomy and will be selling all of my stuff in the near future.

Having picked up another 6 month driving ban and likely to have that extended because of this last attack I am going to be limited to back garden viewing.

Going to get a light weight grab and go just in case we get a clear night.

I still be making comments here on the SW Forum, but no more nights out for me.

Wish you all dark skies. Keep up the good work of making ours the Best Social group on SGL.

Pat

Very sorry to hear that, Pat. I hope you'll get better and back on your feet soon.

As for grab and go, I have a 102ED on a giro mount and I can lift both of them together and shove them in the garden whenever it's clear outside. So a small refractor or compact slightly bigger aperture SCT on Alt-zimuth mount should do it for you.

Not good news at all.  Must be a very difficult time :(  I hope you can find some way to continue observing.

I appreciate that lugging a HEQ5 and C925 around is perhaps not sensible for someone in your state of health, but it would still feel a bit grotesque making an offer for some of your kit, I have to say.  (Not that I'm a bona fide member of the South Wales group anyhow -- I just grew up there.)

James

Sorry to hear that Pat. Hope your GP and cardiologist are working hard for you. Don't give up your bins at least. I bet there'll be some dark winter evenings when you'd regret not having something to peep through.

Warmest wishes

• 3 weeks later...

Archived