Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Storm Alert.....

laser_jock99

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wind isn't too bad here in Kent yet, but it is picking up. I've just driven home from work and the rainfall was pretty intense and has been for the last couple of hours. Some pretty nasty driving conditions with patches of standing water on the M25 & M20. If anyone is planning on going out over the next few hours - drive with caution & stay safe!!!

Been eerily quiet here all night but it's just starting to gust heavily ...  :Envy:

Supposed to be driving across the flat-lands to Wisbech again this morning , I'm having a lie-in to let all the "Rat-race" participants have their rush-hour fun ... :p 

Bad enough diving out on the Fens in moderate winds so I'm certainly not trying it in storm force ... :grin:   

My obsy is fine - no sign of any movement, just a couple of damp spots which I know about - I need to apply some frame sealer on a corner.  Just waiting for suitable weather!

The "sun lounge" which is actually a lean-to greenhouse has lost a couple of polycarbonate side panels which I heard go during a couple of particularly heavy gusts of wind in the early hours.

My obsy is fine - no sign of any movement, just a couple of damp spots which I know about - I need to apply some frame sealer on a corner.  Just waiting for suitable weather!

The "sun lounge" which is actually a lean-to greenhouse has lost a couple of polycarbonate side panels which I heard go during a couple of particularly heavy gusts of wind in the early hours.

Glad to hear you still have a roof on the obs Gina.

Everything looked fine at my end, though we did see force 11 gusts early this morning (and a peak gust of 99mph recorded at sea in the Needles channel).    Quite a few trees down affecting traffic this morning, but only leaves, small branches and some big puddles encountered on my route in to work.

The storm has passed and we now have some bright skies :)

Thank you Jake :)  I heard about your wind speed at The Needles on the radio :eek:   Glad your stuff is alright :)  The sun came out at about 7:30 this morning :)  The wind has dropped an ATM it's a nice day,

Wind really picked up here at about 6:00am.  Two ridge tiles came down at 7:15 when it was really bad.  Sensibly I parked both cars on the other side of the drive last night as one landed right where my Jag would normally be.  Already spent a grand getting it serviced, MOTed and so on this month so didn't want another big bill (well except the roof will now need fixing!)

They are building some new houses directly opposite, and one of the walls (ground floor level only so far) blew over as well, though strangely enough the tea mug left on top of the wall next to it is still there!  Rapidly followed by half of the 80ft high willow tree at the back of the site.  Waiting for it to calm down a bit more so I can go and retrieve the other ridge tile which is balanced precariously near the gutter waiting for me to park underneath it!

We lost a HUGE willow..  whole thing came down, the 2foot trunk snapped about 10 foot from the ground.  Also lost a 50 foot cherry, at least the saplings growing in their shade appear to have survived.

Won't need to buy much firewood next winter!

Archived