Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi from Edinburgh!

Ramsay

Hi! Iv'e been into astronomy for quite few years now and have been using different cameras either attached to an ETX-90 or an Astrotrack (or both!). I'm hoping to step up my game and do some serious imaging in the next few months. I have been to a couple of star camps in the last 5 years and enjoyed the experience (but not the cold) and learned a bit about imaging along the way. I've done the odd eclipse or three and been known to chase gaps in the clouds for miles and miles to record transits of Mercury and Venus and see the odd meteor shower.

I'm looking forward to finding out more about you all.

Cheers,

Ramsay

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL Ramsay - There's a few of us imagers about!! Good to see another joining the fold. I take it that your interest will be more solar system based or do you image DSO's as well?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Welcome to SGL Ramsay - There's a few of us imagers about!! Good to see another joining the fold. I take it that your interest will be more solar system based or do you image DSO's as well?

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks for all those welcomes. I am hoping to start doing a little bit more DSO's, the Astotrack has whetted my appetitie there. I am planning to get myself a FSQ-106ED in the next few weeks on a Celestron AVX mount with star tracking. I have a brace of EOS cameras that I will use for imagers to start with EOS 5DIII, EOS 7D and EOS 400D which I might get Ir modified as its just gathering dust. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived