Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you spoted that Vicky. I tried to take a pic.of it from the bus on the way home but it didnt work, so glad you were able to

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

What runner did you take it, I saw it sometime around 5:45, I was down at newmillerdam

Glad you spoted that Vicky. I tried to take a pic.of it from the bus on the way home but it didnt work, so glad you were able to

It was still looking gorgeous when I got home 20 minutes later.

They're not the best photos, as I only has my rubbish phone with me - should really have the DSLR in the car for such occasions!

I could see the one on the other side of the sun as I drove out of the car park, but it wasn't as bright and colourful.

It was a little treat to come out to :)

Need some help working out what size cable I need to make a new lead to fit my new battery pack,  have the connectors, just need the cable,  

It will be for a voltage of 12v DC, drawing 1amp, but would prefer to allow for 2amp just in case,   needs to be 5M long so voltage drop should not come into it,

My maths and theory is failing me tonight so help please :)

What runner did you take it, I saw it sometime around 5:45, I was down at newmillerdam. Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I came out of work at around 5.40pm and took the photos straight away. Think it was nearer 5.50pm before I got them uploaded as it took me ages to get on-line and through to the full version SGL page that allows me to send photos lol :)

Need some help working out what size cable I need to make a new lead to fit my new battery pack, have the connectors, just need the cable,

It will be for a voltage of 12v DC, drawing 1amp, but would prefer to allow for 2amp just in case, needs to be 5M long so voltage drop should not come into it,

My maths and theory is failing me tonight so help please :)

Volt drop will come into it Leigh.

Is it 12v or just over as most mounts start to fail at around that?

I would go for 1.5mm at 5m drawing 2 amperes

Volt drop will come into it Leigh.

Is it 12v or just over as most mounts start to fail at around that?

I would go for 1.5mm at 5m drawing 2 amperes

mount is rated as 11v to 15v  

My maths and theory isn't failing then as 1.5mm is what I came up with,  just thought it would be to large for the connectors  but when I just checked I am thinking in T&E terms lol

mount is rated as 11v to 15v

My maths and theory isn't failing then as 1.5mm is what I came up with, just thought it would be to large for the connectors but when I just checked I am thinking in T&E terms lol

You want stranded Arctic type cable as it is rated for cold weather and doesn't go brittle.

DC is funny stuff that's why Thomas Edisons local DC system didn't work and why Westinghouse using Nichola Teslas AC system supplied the world.

History lessons are free lol

Yep think we all knew Damian was the man for the electric answer!

Sleep deprivation kicking in now... Think I'll take my beer to bed. Might post might not all depends if I can stay awake! ;)

I fought it for quite a while on the set three earlier and forced myself to go do something!

I'm wide awake now! I really hope I sleep tonight as I've a busy few days coming up.

Yep think we all knew Damian was the man for the electric answer!

Sleep deprivation kicking in now... Think I'll take my beer to bed. Might post might not all depends if I can stay awake! ;)

You've also had two days of doing a lot of driving - you must be shattered.

I am feeling it too - having a cup of tea with several Kit Kats and then I'm going to head up to bed myself.

It's been a very long day :)

I fought it for quite a while on the set three earlier and forced myself to go do something!

I'm wide awake now! I really hope I sleep tonight as I've a busy few days coming up.

Sounds like you were playing tennis, not sitting on the settee... We are all at it! ;)

Are you going to Johns this week?

You've also had two days of doing a lot of driving - you must be shattered.

I am feeling it too - having a cup of tea with several Kit Kats and then I'm going to head up to bed myself.

It's been a very long day :)

Ah yes I'll have beer and chocolate! That might work

Archived