Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea it's looking good. Wish I could film it

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I think the only way you could film it would be to spend money on a ccd Astro cam. A moded webcam just seem to enlarge the moon, that's what I found with the one I did even though a 50mm frac. I think it's too close for a webcam personal

Mark

I think the only way you could film it would be to spend money on a ccd Astro cam. A moded webcam just seem to enlarge the moon, that's what I found with the one I did even though a 50mm frac. I think it's too close for a webcam personal

Mark

Oh yea, I couldn't film it with what I've got, the pics I've done are the biggest field of view that it can do with my scope, don't think I can change that. Or I get an SLR camera and do a time lapse series of photos.

What you been contemplating Damian? What frac to treat yourself to?

Seriously, hope you're alright - it's generally not good when you get in the habit of waking up early thinking about stuff.

Good luck with the mirror buddy, and hope you get stuck into that build today. You deserve for things to start going right, and for it all to finally come together :)

Cheers Vicky

I was thinking about the build if I had a nightmare it would've been about a frac lol!

Looking on metcheck they are forecasting high level cloud tonight with a chance of mist and fog. Hope its not too bad, the eclipse should still be good though. I was trying to think when was my last lunar eclipse that I saw but I can't remember which year it was.

Dose any one fancy a ride to the international astronomy show on Saturday ? I have spare seats if anyone's up for a day out Mark

I would have come for a trip out with you, but it is the day after Terry's surgery. Don't think me disappearing for the day will go down too well, especially with it being Keilder the weekend after.

Gain is going, and Lee will be there with his Green Witch stand. It'll be a good day.

Just getting my gear together for tonight as I am hoping to go to bed for a few hours this afternoon. Under orders that I have to get up to watch X-Factor with Sophie at 7pm lol. Then, as long as I have done her hot water bottle, I can go out to meet my friends later lol. Thought I was the mother! ;)

Satisfying that the NEQ6 mount fits nicely into one of our old cases. Just need to make sure it is well packed and padded. Could be a project for me to find a piece of foam to custom cut a pice to fit it in tightly. It'll do for now though, just in case I can't get parked near the house when I get home :)post-39306-0-31243300-1443360109_thumb.j

Yes he did say he was. I fancy it my self just for a mooch just wounded if any body wanted to make one in. How about u Damian fancy a ride out ?

Mark

I may still be up north Mark so probably not be able to make it. I was supposed to be at the peak star party but that has been cancelled.

Hopefully James who ran it will find the time to do it again as he did a great job.

Fits nice into that case Vicky just not much protection around the sides as u say some foam would be good Mark

I have got a slightly bigger trolley case further back in the cubby-hole under our loft stairs, but I can't get to it at the minute. Think it'll be better long term, and will allow more foam around the edges of the mount. Plus, it is a bit more solid, so will offer more protection anyway. I'll dig it out when I get under there to get the tent and stuff out for Kielder. This one will do in the meantime, as I am really nervous about carrying the mount head - it weighs about 16kg and is not the easiest thing to handle. It'll give me a bit more confidence moving it between the house and the car, as the case can be wheeled down the street :)

I am a bit disappointed about not being able to go to the Astro-fair. In all fairness, Terry did say that he would manage, but I could tell that he didn't really want me to go. I feel guilty leaving him for Kielder, especially with it being his birthday on the 10th. I'm sure you'll have a great day - especially if you meet up with Gain for a mooch around the stands. Just don't be buying anything!!! ;)

Archived