NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not bad Vicky. Shows totality in its proper form.

Had a look at some of the other images and they have been photo shopped to death with wildly over emphasised colouring.

Thanks Damian. We've had a brilliant night. I've decided that I am going to leave my photos as they are, as I am really happy with them. Just going to try to put a few together as a kind of time lapse, although I packed away before the end of the eclipse. Matt will have a better set to show the full duration as he was still busy imaging long after I had packed away.

Hope you get through your day at work. I'm just having a cuppa and looking at my photos before I get the kids up. Then I should be able to go to bed for a couple of hours when they have gone.

The tiredness hasn't hit me yet fortunately :)

Lovely Vicky very nice not had chance to look at mine as yet went straight back to bed

Mark

Thanks Mark - bed is exactly where I'll be heading in about 20 minutes when Luke has gone to school. The tiredness is starting to set in now, and I'm looking forward to 4 hours sleep before I have to get up for lunch then work. Was totally worth it though :)

Haha, I'm just finishing - logging off and heading home. I feel so tired, and I've only done 3 1/2 hours. Think I'll be quiet this evening, so don't panic lol ;)

Even I am tired after the traumatic night of satanic images!  :evil:

set scope and camera up in lounge so could grab an go, set  alarm for 2.30am instead of 4.30am my normal time to get up, got up opened door, thick fog couldn't see anything, went back to bed , couldn't get back to sleep , bene to work, am knckered :(

Quick time lapse - 9 images straight out of the DSLR. Gain and Matt will put them to shame later, but it is all good fun :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Nice one Vicky what telescope did you put the DSLR on

I had a hour viewing tried the DSLR on the telescope no joy

Put the DSLR and a 300 lens on the tripod but couldn't get the manual focus just right

Neil

Hello peeps, have you missed me? ;)

Went to bed for a couple of hours this morning before driving to Stoke and back to pick up a scope. Only just finished tea, so just sitting to chill. Might see why my pics look like.

Was an amazing evening right the way through to the death. The satanic Moon certainly put on a great show. Milky Way looked great as did Orion. Also saw a very bright Venus, less bright Mars as well an Jupiter! All three of them rising with Leo. Totally awe inspiring, it's no wonder we love looking up!

Nice one Vicky what telescope did you put the DSLR on

I had a hour viewing tried the DSLR on the telescope no joy. Put the DSLR and a 300 lens on the tripod but couldn't get the manual focus just right. Neil

Hi Neil, had the DSLR at prime focus on my new WIlliam Optics FLT-110 refractor. I had a trial run in the back yard on Friday night getting it all set up and making sure I could get it to focus. Took a good while to get set up prior to the eclipse. Fortunately, Gain was more than happy to offer help and advice.

Find you manage to get any photos? Getting the manual focus spot on is not an easy task, and gets more difficult as the moon darkens.

Here's a couple of quick photos I took of my gear using my phone as we were setting up :)

It was a brilliant night - loved it!

post-39306-0-36646700-1443463344.jpg

post-39306-0-65133000-1443463452.jpg

Hello peeps, have you missed me? ;)

Went to bed for a couple of hours this morning before driving to Stoke and back to pick up a scope. Only just finished tea, so just sitting to chill. Might see why my pics look like.

Was an amazing evening right the way through to the death. The satanic Moon certainly put on a great show. Milky Way looked great as did Orion. Also saw a very bright Venus, less bright Mars as well an Jupiter! All three of them rising with Leo. Totally awe inspiring, it's no wonder we love looking up!

Hey Soupy! Hope you get some good photos. We had a great night. Bet Matt will still be going through his - I'm looking forward to looking at the fruits of his labours. What time did you get packed up and home? Totally loved the whole evening. Excellent stuff.

I have to agree, seeing Venus, Mars and Jupiter rising with Leo was a superb ending to a very special night :)

Yep the whole sky seemed alive. Didn't stay too long after you think I got home just before 6. Then went to bed 6.25 and just as I was falling asleep the Lara went off at 6.30, but fortunately Dawn took the kids to school for me. Awesome!

Yep the whole sky seemed alive. Didn't stay too long after you think I got home just before 6. Then went to bed 6.25 and just as I was falling asleep the Lara went off at 6.30, but fortunately Dawn took the kids to school for me. Awesome!

Result there Soupy! Hmm, indeed, who is Lara??? No, you must have only been about 15-20 minutes leaving after us then. I got home just after 5.30am. Got unpacked and sorted and got the laptop fired up. I went to bed for 3 hours after the kids had gone off to school, and set my alarm for 11.30am. Don't know if I actually felt worse when I got up, but it is catching up again now. Don't think I'll be late in bed tonight. Nights like that don't come around very often though, so it was totally worth a day of tiredness. It's such a shame that the mist and fog spoiled it for so many :(

I've had 5 nights in all that I can say were very special.

That is when the skies, clarity and seeing all come together and blow your socks off!

They have all been in deepest winter and it gets cold without your socks on!

Bring it on!

Archived