Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

need to get the screw driver out soon and start to mod the camera :)

How do you capture your images neil? what settings do you use?

Hi

I have only tried it a couple times on the moon and it was a bit big on the laptop screen

I can't remember what settings I used has I was just fumbling about

Neil

Hi

I have only tried it a couple times on the moon and it was a bit big on the laptop screen

I can't remember what settings I used has I was just fumbling about

Neil

No worries Neil. That's all I'll be doing anyway with it.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Careful Damian - I think this could be classed as AP!! ;)

Lovely shot

Nah it's with a camera phone so not at all in any way is it AP  :mad: (even though it's a shot of a star!!!!) The dogs are clearly visible one next to the pylon the other opposite. The shot is looking towards winscar by the way.

Next time I get the laptop out I will have a look

But it wants to upgrade to windows 10 but I don't you want to upgrade

As my web cam might not work

Neil

Yea. I was lucky and got.mine to install despite the camera not been supported after windows 7. I'm on windows 10_on my laptop

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Aw, that's a shame Damian - no more AP for you tonight then...

I hear Gain is sourcing you a nice begginers AP kit at a good price ;)

Yes I've already had a message to that extent, he has offered to pay me to take it off his hands. As you can tell it is blasphemy!

Having an evening with Gain getting the WO ready for using for some serious visual work. It is looking so pretty. Thrilled with the purchases from Gain's Astro Emporium which have now been introduced to the WO via Gain's Cosmo Cosmetic Clinic (which is located next door to his Astro Emporium). The finderscope is looking magnificent upon it's plate and the RDF is now mounted properly on the scope. Exciting times. It's looking super sweet :)

Were you wearing the red jumper Eric! I clocked you I think but you did sneak in and off again at the end.

Cheers Matt, couldn't have responded like that without the Jerry talk. I must have learned something ;)

Hi Soupy, old habits still with me from work, they used to say it's easier finding Lord Lucan riding Shergar than finding eric I developed a technique of blending in with the walls !!!!, yes I had a maroon jumper on lol.

Regards eric

3 pages this has moved since my last post earlier today... And only 2 of those were Ursula! Someone else is trying to steal your thunder... ;)

The scope looks great Vicky... G has done amazing for you. Shame I couldn't pop round earlier.

Now I know to look out for you Eric, you'll never sneak past again.

PS I also know where Shergar went, comes with being Irish ;)

Had a really great evening with Gain getting my new scope ready for visual use. It's a shame you were out Soupy, it would have been good to see you. Hope you had a good time at the party. So glad you noticed that it hasn't been me doing all the posting today lol ;)

As you can see, the scope has been well and truly "pimped" with a William Optics 2" dielectric diagonal, a Meade 9x60 illuminated finderscope and a William Optics RDF, along with some pretty smart metal work to mount it all up. It's looking so pretty - just need some clear nights now to get out and use it :)

post-39306-0-67194100-1442707812_thumb.j

Looks good Vicky, it is a nice scope.

Although, in my opinion, if I were to mount the finderscope to it I'd probably put that metal bar across the top of both of the main WO rings - this would then keep all the weight centralised to the axis. The way it is now it's slightly off-axis and may be a little trickier to balance? I'm sure Gain has his reason for doing it that way.

Looks good Vicky, it is a nice scope.

Although, in my opinion, if I were to mount the finderscope to it I'd probably put that metal bar across the top of both of the main WO rings - this would then keep all the weight centralised to the axis. The way it is now it's slightly off-axis and may be a little trickier to balance? I'm sure Gain has his reason for doing it that way.

Oh, yes, it will be going the other way when it is finished. We've just got it set-up temporarily for now so I can start to use it for viewing. Still need a guide scope and camera, and until I know what I end up with we don't know about fittings etc. It's one of Gain's plates, so we aren't drilling it to fit my stuff as I'll be giving him it back when I get mine sorted. It's still a work in progress. Just want to start using it and it'll be a while before I get a guide scope and camera. We'll arrange everything onto a permanent plate when we know what kit I've got. Just need some clear evenings now to get some practice using it, as I need to build my confidence setting the mount and everything up :)

Ok, understood. Guiding tends to be done either through a finderscope (called a finder-guider) or another actual scope like the StarTravel 80 (ST80) which is what I use - they go for around £60-£65 2nd hand. There's the possibility of using your existing IS camera as a guide camera, then you'll just need a PC to EQ6 mount connection to send the guide commands. You're more than welcome to pop over to mine on a clear night and we can go through set up - since we have mostly the same kit!

Archived