NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

looks good vicky. whats next? :)

Next is a cup of tea and a read up on what to do with this stuff!

Hoping to get out and have a play over the weekend if the sky permits - want to get a bit more confidence with it all before Kielder.

No "ring shine" for me today lol. It's just too good down at that place. Excellent night :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great job Vicky... The focal reducer steps down the f stop to enable you to get more DSO's indeed, faster f ratios are ideal for planetary and solar system but no good for galaxies etc.

Think a few of us are suffering from the same affliction that affects Saturn's dark side this morning!

Oh and nice to see G on here too!

Confused.com lol

Ok, it seem that the focal reducer is not really for visual use, unless used with a 1.25" EP, but it looks like if I am using a 2" diagonal and EP then that wouldn't give a wider FOV - still can't work out whether it would be better for visual DSO with a 1.25" EP though. Think the best thing is to have a play around with it on, and then take it off to see the difference. Sometimes seeing it for yourself is the best way.

I believe the F6.3 focal reducer shortens the effective focal length of the SCT by 37%, converting the standard f/10 optical system to a "faster" f/6.3 system. The result is a wider field of view, to better frame deep-sky objects that may not fit within the narrower field of view at f/10. The shorter focal length may also reduce exposure times for astrophotography and CCD imaging - I think........ ✨

Orion was again looking very nice at 5am as was Venus and Mars further north towards the horizon.

Will be up again at the same time tomorrow so I might just make it 5mins early and set the little frac up for a cheeky peek before heading for work.

Has someone wound up ur key this morning lol.

Carnt believe Chris as not chipped yet. He's only posted once today

Mark

I've been reading, but for once I've not had much to say[emoji3] more like I've been busy at work today.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I've had a little scope fix full stop. But now it is time to head to work, so don't panic that I've gone quiet lol ;)

Hope you manage some productive time on your mirror this afternoon Damian. Later peoples..... :)

Unfortunately Vicky after a 12hr day shift at work the mirror will be the last thing on my mind by the time I get home.

Have you got this months S@N mag... There is a must read letter to the editor on page 25 ;)

I have got a copy, but not read the letters to the editor yet - think I'll be having a look at that when I get home - I take it there is a letter from yours truly there....

I think I spend too much time lingering over the adverts lol ;)

I have got a copy, but not read the letters to the editor yet - think I'll be having a look at that when I get home - I take it there is a letter from yours truly there....

There might be! ;)

That's what happens when you have a few beers and read a magazine late at night with a recent talk still fresh in your mind ;)

Those sparkly adverts. There can't be anything left for you to buy is there?

There might be! ;)

That's what happens when you have a few beers and read a magazine late at night with a recent talk still fresh in your mind ;)

Just seen your letter, about the light panel I presume. Kept getting distracted by the Orion advert across the page[emoji3]

Those sparkly adverts. There can't be anything left for you to buy is there?

Vicky just sit there thumbing them saying " mines better then that and that and that " she's not looking to bye not when she has a personal shop called Gain's Astro emporium [emoji6]

Mark

Archived